Keggle gravity drain problem...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaffin

Reaction score
Ok guys help me out...

I got a keg the other day and I've been working hard to make a nice keggle. Got her all shined up and went with a weldless fitting for the ball valve. I purchased the SS 90 degree drain tube from bargainfittings and installed on the inside (3/8 "). I got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch space from drain tube to bottom of keg.

Now the problem. It just will not drain all the way! Water drains down to the level of the ball valve but, it will not drain out the rest. That leaves me with about a gallon or so in the keggle. This is my first time using a keggle so is this normal? Appreciate any insight.

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

haha i had the same thing happen. Hook a tube up which is lower than the bottom of the fip tube and the syphon action will drain it down to where the tube ends. Since3 syphoning works with gravity it has to be below the level of the drain :) good luck

Something else on this subject that I learned the hard way. Make sure that the hose is smaller in diameter then the dip tube. I didn't when I built my first keggle, and until someone pointed this issue out to me, I was stumped. BTW, great job on the shine job on your new Keggle!!! Looks Stellar! :mug:

Latest posts

Back