keggle bulkhead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skydog4884

Reaction score
Hey I am wanting to do put the valve and diptube in the bottom of my keggle. I was only able to find a half inch nipple about 2 inchs long that is brass. I cant find a stainless anywhere. am i looking in the wrong places or will it be ok to weld the brass to the stainless steel keg? Thanks!!

Bargain fittings a vender on here has some shorter ones. I got mine from Mainland Valve on Ebay, I think it was 1 1/8 long. Some guys on here also recommend KLG Stainless which can be found on Ebay too.

I ordered my bulkheads from Bargain fittings, and I have to say they look great, and got here very fast. I like the grooved nut for the washer.

Good luck

Just a quick question how do you plan on attaching a diptube to the nipple? My setup is a SS full coupling-SS close nipple-ballvalve on the outside, and compression fitting that converts to 1/2 diptube. The coupling and nipples were purchased from www.mcmaster.com they have rediculously fast shipping to NJ for some reason. The diptube and fittings I ordered from www.bargainfittings.com His prices were better than me getting the stuff and making it myself.

EDIT: I guess I didn't read the whole post are you going weldless?

Just a quick question how do you plan on attaching a diptube to the nipple? My setup is a SS full coupling-SS close nipple-ballvalve on the outside, and compression fitting that converts to 1/2 diptube. The coupling and nipples were purchased from www.mcmaster.com they have rediculously fast shipping to NJ for some reason. The diptube and fittings I ordered from www.bargainfittings.com His prices were better than me getting the stuff and making it myself.

EDIT: I guess I didn't read the whole post are you going weldless?

I didn't catch that either, about the welding.

Still look into KLG, mainland, and bargain fittings. They may have what you are looking for.

No i have a lot of access to welding. I want to go with a welding setup. Connecting it to a a diptube??? I have a coupler that connects my copper tubing and has half inch threads to thread into a coupler but i guess now i am just looking for a 1/2 inch stainless coupler to weld to my keggle. can i find one around town or do i need to order one?

Back