Kegging ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudog

Reaction score
So today I kegged for the first time. The advice I got from my LHBS is that let the keg sit on its side while the CO2 is connected at 12-15 psi and it shoiuld be ready by the 21st. Is this right or should I force carb. Also it sitting in my garage fridge at 40.

thanks

You're still force carbing by doing that, you're just not rushing or "burst carbing". By laying it on its side you're increasing the surface area exposed to the CO2 which should ensure carbing within a week. If it's at 40 degrees it should work fine. I like the idea better than the hurry up method because there's no risk of overcarbing - if you overcarb it will be more difficult to serve than if it's a little under.

So today I kegged for the first time. The advice I got from my LHBS is that let the keg sit on its side while the CO2 is connected at 12-15 psi and it shoiuld be ready by the 21st. Is this right or should I force carb. Also it sitting in my garage fridge at 40.

thanks

Well on the psi, you need to pick one based on the volumes of CO2 you want dissolved.
Check out the carbonation chart here: Draft system line balancing

Back