Kegging Routine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cessick7

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a used two-tap kegerator and 4 ball-lock corny kegs and I have 2 batches fermenting that should be ready to keg in about a week for one and two weeks for the second. my goal is to always have two different beers kegged in the kegerator and one more on standby. Anyway, I am looking for a routine for this set-up. Should I get a second CO2 tank so I don't have to pull my original tank out of the fridge everytime I want to clean and sanitize my kegs? Should I use the 2nd CO2 tank to carbonate outside the fridge? Is there anyone out there with this kid of setup with a routine that works? I am excited about kegging and thanks for all your great information.

I force carb all my beers in my basement. Like you suggest, I always have a brew that is carbed and ready. I just have to wait a day for it to chill. You will have to remember that you will have to use a higher psi setting because of the temperature of the beer. There are several charts and web sites to help you with that. Of course you could always carb the kegs by priming them with priming sugar. But, I didn't want to bother with hassle, so I bought an old steel co2 tank, regulator, and manifold set up on ebay. Works great!!

pipe.jpg

I use a 20# for carbonating and a 5# for dispensing my 3 faucet kegerator. The 5# will last a long time this way.

Thanks for the replies. If anyone else has a routine for preparing and rotating their kegs, I would love to here it. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back