Kegerator Not Working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsconsin81

Reaction score
Ok, so I recently purchased a line cleaner for my kegerator, and I have a Perlick and cheap faucet, which I dismantled and then cleaned the lines, and put back together. The cheap faucet seems to be broken, so I've planned to go and get a new Perlick to replace it. However, it still is able to pull the beer from the keg.

The Perlick on the other hand does not pull any beer from the keg. I checked all of the lines, there is not a leak, and there is certainly enough pressure in the keg. The gauge on the CO2 tank reads at full pressure, so this makes me think there is something wrong with the faucet itself, but I cannot figure out what. Everything is hooked up correctly, but the beer just does not get drawn up the beer line. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Let me know.

~Tom

Poke at the beer out post with something and see if beer squirts out. This ensures you have pressure and beer leading up to the post.

If it doesn't squirt out of the post, pull the pressure relief valve to ensure the keg has pressure. If it does, disassemble the liquid out side of the keg and look for a blockage, then sanitize and reassemble. If there's no pressure, check the gas in.

Assuming it squirts out of the post:
Next, with the beer line not connected to the keg, take off your Perlick faucet. Connect the beer line to the keg and see if beer squirts out the shank. If it squirts out the shank, something is wrong with the faucet. These faucets are VERY simple, so the reason it's not working should be very obvious if you disassemble the faucet. If it doesn't squirt out the shank, you have a bad liquid quick disconnect or a blockage in your line/shank.

Basically, start at the keg and work outwards until you find something wrong.

Back