Kegerator issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charley

Reaction score
I went out of town for over a month and turned my kegerator off because I didn't want it running for weeks for no reason (luckily I timed my kegs to be finished right before I left). When I got home I plugged it in. It refuses to get cold. It used to work perfectly, not it's not getting cold at all. Previously I think had been plugged in for about 3 years and never had an issue. Now I'm screwed as I have an iipa and stout that are both ready for kegging. Any suggestions as to why this happened? I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden something mechanical went wrong. It used to work perfectly, unplugged it for a month, now it won't work. The sides are hot and there is a little ice on the plate thing inside on the back. Advise please!

the ice on the plate is a good sign. sounds like the fan or compressor motor is stuck. can you get to the back of it? once you remove the safety kick plate, check that the fan is cooling the coils. unfortunately not much repairability on kegerators. I lost the freon in a beverage air kegerator I had, it's what pushed me to get a keezer built. best thing that ever happened to me.

Back