kegerator, DAR440BL question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicktap

Reaction score
This weekend, I purchased 2 DAR440BL's to convert to kegerators. I've seen threads that state this refrigerator can hold 2 5gal kegs, when I saw the frig for sale at a great price ($160) I decided to buy 2.

Last night, I attempted to place my kegs in the refrigerator, but it seems they didn't get the memo that told them they fit (I'm trying to keep a sense of humour :) ). I'm aware of the need to remove the door cover, but this was a problem with width. I'm using pin-lock kegs; with both kegs in the frig, one protrudes about 2 inches past the front of the door opening.

What I'm assuming, and I hope someone can confirm, is that this refrigerator can fit 2 ball-lock kegs, since they are more narrow. If so, I'll just go purchase some ball-lock kegs.

For future knowledge, is there any compact refrigerator that will fit 2 pin-lock kegs, which models?

Thanks for the help.

This weekend, I purchased 2 DAR440BL's to convert to kegerators. I've seen threads that state this refrigerator can hold 2 5gal kegs, when I saw the frig for sale at a great price ($160) I decided to buy 2.

Last night, I attempted to place my kegs in the refrigerator, but it seems they didn't get the memo that told them they fit (I'm trying to keep a sense of humour :) ). I'm aware of the need to remove the door cover, but this was a problem with width. I'm using pin-lock kegs; with both kegs in the frig, one protrudes about 2 inches past the front of the door opening.

What I'm assuming, and I hope someone can confirm, is that this refrigerator can fit 2 ball-lock kegs, since they are more narrow. If so, I'll just go purchase some ball-lock kegs.

For future knowledge, is there any compact refrigerator that will fit 2 pin-lock kegs, which models?

Thanks for the help.

You are most likely correct. Pin-lock (firestone) kegs are shorter and fatter than ball-lock (cornelius) kegs.

I have a kegerator (different model) that just barely can hold two cornies, but if I try to put 2 firestones (or even 1 corny and 1 firestone) it will not fit and one of the kegs sticks out an inch or two preventing the door from closing.

Back