Kegerator Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vennea

Reaction score
I have a Maytag Fridge with a top mount freezer. I am trying to convert the bottom to be a Kegerator. Then convert the top to be were I put bottles. Only problem now is that the freezer temperature is to low for me to put bottles in. How can I wire it or change out the wiring to get the freezer part to be the same as the bottom? I can I disconnect the freezer part and cut a hole there the bottom to connect the to via air flow? Any advice would help out on this. Really want to utilize both compartments of the fridge.

I had to put in a new starting relay in my freezer and spent a lot time looking at the schematic I downloaded from the net. There is a separate thermostat in my freezer but I don't know if you can get it to run the freezer separately. Use a search engine to find the wiring for you model. If you don't understand the schematics leave it alone and get a dormroom refrigeration and set it as cold as it goes. The what I use for chilling my glasses.

Yeah, I have finally found the schemtics as it being an older fridge took a while to get one. I understand how to read them just trying to make sure I do it right and not screw everything up.

Back