Kegerator advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmatson

Reaction score
I have been brewing for a couple years and have 20 batches under my belt but am looking to move into the world of kegging. I girlfriend and I are moving into a two bedroom apartment and I am not wanting to go down the DIY route, so I am looking at 2-tap kegerators such as the Kegco K209b at Beverage Factory. I have read a lot of comments on related issues on this site but wanted to get feedback from brewers here. The total cost of this unit with upgraded perlick faucets and shipping is ~$700. That doesn't include the cost of kegs (shooting for two to start, then pick up another to make three total). Does this price sound reasonable? I could go cheap on this, but I want to have a reliable system that I enjoy using. Appreciate any feedback. Cheers

That price sounds a bit high, but maybe about right if shipped. Check craigslist out. This time of year, with college graduations you will probably find a decent gently used kegerator that is not traveling with its owner home from school.

I just purchased the K309B, which is very similar. Their customer service is great and I'm very happy with the product.

I'm still figuring out how to dial-in the keg to reduce/eliminate some foaming problems, but I think that's inexperience, not the kegerator. If you need something that SWMBO will let stay in the house, it's a nice way to go. You can probably go cheaper/better if you DYI, especially if you don't mind the looks, but I needed something that looked good in my finished basement (and I'm not handy at all, so DYI would have been a disaster).

Back