Kegconnection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did keg connection actually manufacture the gage? I'm guessing no. Your beef, if you have one, should be with the manufacturer, not the retailer. This is like blaming Walmart because a lamp made by acme, inc broke when it tipped over.

Did keg connection actually manufacture the gage? I'm guessing no. Your beef, if you have one, should be with the manufacturer, not the retailer. This is like blaming Walmart because a lamp made by acme, inc broke when it tipped over.

So your saying that you wouldn't return an item that's broken to the point of purchase and expect them to deal with the issue? I wouldn't blame Walmart but I'd expect them to make the return and they can settle up with their supplier. That's part of being a retailer. He's not saying that Kegconnection made a crappy product but he is accusing them of not standing behind their "In-house" model. Go their website it says they sell their "In-house" regulators and Taprite regulators. He bought the former.

Edit: from Kegconnection website: We build and test these high quality regulators in house using an American made body and other high quality components.

I ordered my kegerator conversion kit from kegconnection as well... I've been happy with them, but I will say that I had two pin lock kegs from them that could not hold pressure (leaked) and one of the gauges on the regulator were bent (one reading PSI). I didn't really care much about the gauge because it doesn't leak and the kegs they were more than happy to replace for me free of charge.

Hey I dropped my car and it broke. Must be volkswagens fault. I dropped my iphone and it broke must be apples fault. Sorry if your regulator doesn't withstand a 2 megaton blast but try not to drop things. I've gotten a lot of stuff through kegconnection and they have always had quality products.

Again, where are you getting dropped? Read the OP, AND the clarification post.

It is a fragile product. I bought a Taprite today and the comparison in quality of construction and durability is unbelievably stacked in Taprite's favor.

Sorry I offended you with my expectation for quality products. I was able to find another company that fulfills my expectation.

Wow, you're way off base! He's not expecting it withstand a "blast", but it should be able to withstand the tank being knocked over. I have a set I'd gauges in my MIG welder that have withstood a ton of abuse. It is not unreasonable for the OP to expect it perform after being knocked over. It didn't, the vendor should make it right, period!

Thank you. I fully agree. I ended up buying a Taprite today and was shocked at the difference in construction and durability.

Another gripe I had was that the faces of the KC gauges didn't come off for repairs, even though they told me to "run my finger along the sides, it'll come off", I went to an oxygen shop and the guy couldnt get the faceplate off with a vice and pliers. The Taprite's twist off.

I believe it 100% I saw similar damage on my friends setup. His gauges are lightweight junk and can assume it came from a similar if not the same supplier.

The guy at the oxygen shop said "no offense, but where the hell did you get these?" Again, compared to my new regulator and my buddy's (not a Taprite), these things are junk.

I'm mad at myself for getting ripped off.

I have Micromatic gauge ( I think they call it "premium") and it looks very sturdy. It doesn't look like it would break, but really that's why gauge cages exist. OP might look into one of those.

I believe thats what my buddy has.

Had I known the quality of the regulators, I would've bought a roll of bubble wrap and a guard dog.

They do. The logos are on the gauges.

So your saying that you wouldn't return an item that's broken to the point of purchase and expect them to deal with the issue? I wouldn't blame Walmart but I'd expect them to make the return and they can settle up with their supplier. That's part of being a retailer. He's not saying that Kegconnection made a crappy product but he is accusing them of not standing behind their "In-house" model. Go their website it says they sell their "In-house" regulators and Taprite regulators. He bought the former.

Edit: from Kegconnection website: We build and test these high quality regulators in house using an American made body and other high quality components.

Agreed. I would stand behind my product. They didnt even offer to repair it for a cost. They literally just said "yeah, those are fragile" and moved on to my leaky keg.

Okay, heres the pics:

This is how it hit the table. (For those with reading problems): I CAUGHT IT BEFORE IT HIT THE GROUND AND DID NOT DROP IT
mail

Bent needle
mail

Bent metal plate displaying pressure
mail

Bent plate on the gauge with the bent needle
mail

I think this is an absurd amount of damage for the minimal impact, and the biggest issue is that it no longer holds pressure.

New company, new regulator. Very happy.

Okay, heres the pics:

This is how it hit the table. (For those with reading problems): I CAUGHT IT BEFORE IT HIT THE GROUND AND DID NOT DROP IT
mail

Bent needle
mail

Bent metal plate displaying pressure
mail

Bent plate on the gauge with the bent needle
mail

I think this is an absurd amount of damage for the minimal impact, and the biggest issue is that it no longer holds pressure.

New company, new regulator. Very happy.

No can see pics. Try again please.

If you're talking about kegconnection.com, then yes, they're awesome. Quick and affordable. Great company.

Kegconnection.com is reliable for anything they sell.

When I bought my kegerator kit from them, they were very flexible in changing/upgrading components. And they are second to none in backing what they sell and in customer service.

+ 4986235
kegconnection.com

Great product, reasonable shipping, AWESOME customer support. Extreme patience and help for NOOBS.

Bought a pin lock keg, tubing, connections, regulator and CO2 tank. Shipped quickly, well packed, everything works fine. Also included extra O rings and a plastic pressure relief piece for pin locks. I will purchase from kegconnection again.

Big thumbs UP to kegconnection.com. Used them twice for my kegging needs and they have been awesome.

I love kegconnection! They shipped what I ordered the same day I ordered it and got here quick! Everything was quality fully assembled.

Overall I have had a really good experience with KC.

I live in alaska and prices here are pretty high (cost of living here). Online is the cheapest by far until you add shipping. Most places won't even ship here. After talking to Ben he said he will just put it in a flat rate box $14. I got a 2 tap set up (minus kegs and co2 tank) for $30 less than what the Local Homebrew store was sell a 1 tap setup.

The only complaint would be getting someone to call me back, but once on the phone with them it waas amzing doing business with KC.

Just thought I'd add my two cents to the kegconnection thread. Had a great experience with them. Called Ben because I wanted to upgrade to the dual taprite regulator instead of have the air manifold. He fixed me up over the phone and in two days I had my two keg setup. The kegs were very clean and pressure check was good. All in all, I will be ordering more kegs from them. :mug:

They have good prices and will generally stand behind what they sell as long as you are persistent.

That being said I don't think I would buy another keg from them. The hassle of getting in touch with them to change out the leaky pin lock I bought just wasnt worth the $6 I saved vs the lhbs where I could have hand picked a keg. The ball locks are actually the same price at kc and my lhbs.

Everything else they sell Im ok with, their regulators aren't the greatest but you get what you pay for there.

PS I probably wouldn't buy a keg from ANY online vendor again. So thats not a knock against kegconnection.

Ordered a bunch of stuff online during the Valentines Day Sale 2012. Website was not the easiest to navigate but everything was shipped within a few days, received receipts via email in minutes, everything was packed well (no damage or loose parts), and parts (regulator/cornys/lines/taps etc..) were as described on the web page.

I would use them again.

Chris

I bought a triple regulator and high pressure connector hose. Items arrived promptly and worked beautifully. After about 6 months one regulator started having regulator creep ( the pressure kept going up regardless of pressure setting). I emailed them and Todd Burns called me and walked me through some trouble shooting. He then sent me a replacement part for free and followed up with me the whole time. Excellent customer service!

So after 7 years of bottling I decided it was time to keg. Looked into prices, reviews, etc. and figured kegconnection was the place to get my equipment.

I ordered a 2 keg kit with a 5lb Co2 tank and a dual body regulator from keg connection as a start.

- Placed the order on 4/2 and was billed almost immediately.

- Called a week later on 4/9 since nothing was showing as shipped yet on their website. They explained they were waiting for some liquid lines to come in and that it would ship as soon as they did. (A call/email regarding the delay would have been appreciated considering it was a solid week.)

- Order arrived at my house on 4/17 (15 days after placing the order).

- I have had 10g of beer waiting to go. So, when they arrive I'm up late (wife pissed) cleaning, sanitizing, and getting the beers off the yeast and into the kegs.

- It's a weeknight and I'm exhausted so I hook everything up, turn on the gas, burp the kegs a few times and all looks good so I hit the hay. (My fault for not checking further).

- Wake up the next morning and my tank is almost shot and there is an audible leak coming from both check valves off of the regulator.

- Call keg connection and they couldn't be any nicer. They actually anticipated the call and knew they had a bad batch of check valves that they had sent out. No problem - it happens. They tell me replacements are going out. Great!

- 1 week later and almost a month after placing my order I still don't have the check valves or a working system.

I do want to stress that they offered to send the new check valves without me even asking. Everyone was very nice and I think they just apparently got a bad batch.

I would assume though... that after the delays in my initial order (a week for liquid line, really? They don't have tons of that?) that the replacement check valves would be here a week after promising me them. Maybe send them out express as a courtesy given the other issues?

My first experience with Keg Connection was less than stellar, but they rectified the situation very quickly and regained my confidence. I was happy with their service. However, on my last order they were completely disorganized and I ended up getting double what I paid for without knowing it.

Having said that, what they advertised and what I got were to different stories, so after carefully deciding to "do the right thing" and contact them about the order error while possibly getting an employee in trouble for their error, while at the same time not being completely satisfied yet content with the double order, I decided otherwise.

Call it unethical if you want to, but the dirt is in the details, and if they would get their **** together and actually ship what they advertise to their customers I believe this entire SNAFU could have been avoided. Hence leading to a happier customer and a more profitable business.

What I can say in lieu of my latest and more than likely last experience with KC, is that when I did order my Tower, Tank, and Regulator from them for my first order (I did splurge for the Tap Rite regulators and such, and happened to get a Tap Right Tower as well, which compared to some of my fellow homebrewer associates that got the cheap-o Indian towers,from KC) I am incredibly content with my first purchase!

Long story short, you can only give a company so many chances before giving up on the hopes that hey will become a great merchandise/service provider.

I work in the customer service industry and I am completely empathetic for any company that has to deal with customers, retail, wholesale or the like. Yet, first impressions are tantamount, rectification is paramount, and word-of-mouth is the great creator and destroyer of small business, so tread carefully, and well.

I hope they can pull it together, but I will take my business elsewhere from now on because the benefit-of-the-doubt card has been completely depleted in this company.

Cheers!

I had a similar experience with keg cowboy. Slow shipment, broken regulator on arrival. The owner was helpful and took care of me.

I think both keg connection and keg cowboy are honest businesses. But sometimes they screw up. I think part of that is dealing in used products.

Part is fast growing businesses which are having trouble keeping up with demand. That really frustrated me. They were out of kegs in my case but still on HBT giving out 50 coupons a day. If you can't keep up why are you still pumping out coupons so fast? Demand I guess.

Part is lack of attention detail. My order was very poorly packed and the regulator probably broke in shipment.

I recently got what I feel was an excellent price for some stuff from KC. Shipping was on time, well packed, and cheap. Kegs were well cleaned and reconditioned. Maybe there's just a problem with new staff, software, etc?

OP,
I didn't think filled CO2 tanks could be shipped? Also, have you emailed them again after the original contact? Sometimes people get busy and forget things.

No, the C02 wasn't shipped full. I had it filled when it arrived.

Yes, I called again today about the replacement check valves and apparently they were never sent. Again, to their credit, they said they would get them out express. But sheesh.

I've placed three orders with KC over the past couple of months and all arrived within a week with no issues, which means I'm a satisfied customer. Obviously, this differs from your experience, but I think my experience is closer to the norm for these guys.

My experience with them was great as well. Prices were very competitive, solid equipment and fast cheap shipping.

I've placed several orders with KC over the past year (or so). Sometimes things are not 100% right but they make it right without making the customer fight for it. Todd (the owner) has been very helpful as well. Going so far as to customize a dual body Taprite regulator for me when he was under the weather.

I check with them whenever I'm looking for either kegging supplies or something that I think they might have. I'll continue to give them my business as long as they have what I need at a reasonable rate and correct any issues without a fight. I also realize things happen for whatever reason. I've found that being calm when explaining the issue (be nice) often results in a speedy correction (from pretty much any vendor, except a couple).

Ordered custom kits from them twice and both times the orders were exactly as I expected. Shipping was quite cheap and arrived in about a week. I'd recommend them.

I've ordered twice from KegConnection both times without any issues or problems. If you an issue or a problem try calling and working with the vendor before posting dirty laundry.

Dirty laundry?? As you suggest... I have called them a number of times now and they've been nothing but nice and accommodating. If anything, I've made a point to say that a number of times. Did you not read my post? Don't understand why my experience was relatively poor? Or just don't comprehend in general?

Other people have had similar experiences and this seems like the place to discuss and share for others considering using the various vendors we all support (although, as pointed out, I didn't realize there was an actual forum set up for reviews). I've said nothing but what actually happened with the order and there is nothing unfair about doing so.

Also, I got the tracking information and it looks like the check valves went out express as promised. Anthony, again, couldn't have been any nicer and apologized for the mixup.

Back