Keg Won't Dispense

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamo99

Reaction score
Ok. Keg #1 won't dispense. Keg #2 does.

I tried the quick disconnect and beer line from Keg #2 on Keg #1, but it still doesn't dispense.

I relieved the pressure and pulled the liquid out dip tube, ran water through, sanitized, and replaced. Still doesn't dispense.

I also removed the poppet from post and verified nothing was caught in there. Sanitized and replaced. Still doesn't dispense.

what is next on the troubleshooting list?!?

Thanks!

Edit: Got it working, but not sure what was wrong. When I first removed the dip tube, I pulled air through it with my mouth and had no problems. Then I ran water through before sanitizing and saw that it passed through easily as well. For some reason it still didn't want to pour.

As a last resort I removed the diptube again. Once again ran water through it. I was sanitizing the top half in my bucket and decided to blow through it. I blew a few bubbles and didn't see anything out of the ordinary, other than seeing myself blowing on a dip tube into a bucket of sanitizer. I sanitized the other half that was in my mouth and tried on the keg again. Through some kind of dark magic, it worked. I don't know what I did, but it works.

The only thing I can think of is that I typically don't secondary my beers. Just 4-6 weeks in primary and into the keg typically. Maybe a super thick yeast cake had developed in the keg clogging the tube? Never had that problem before, nor have I read about it, but who knows. Maybe pulling hte keg a few times loosened it up? All I know is that beer flows again and life is good.

if your not secondarying then let it sit for a month or so to get all the yeast into a cake at the bottom of your primary. At that point then transfer and you wont have that problem

Back