Keg System Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its probably a better idea to get a small keg setup like this that you'll be able to use with regular corny kegs when have the space. If you get party pigs or the small Newcastle type kegs then you cant really scale up.

Haven't done enough research to comment on the price but it doesn't look too far out of line.

Personally, I would not keg without a dedicated fridge/freezer. It's a pain and inefficient to force carbonate beer at room temperature. A small, dorm sized, fridge could handle the 2.5gallon setup you linked to, or even a larger one if needed/wanted.

I thought that this would be a good start for when I wanted to scale up in the future. I do have my own beer fridge that will be able to hold the 2.5gallon keg with room for bottles still. I just meant that I don't have an entire fridge/freezer to dedicate to a full blown kegging operation. I really don't mind bottling because I give a lot of my beer away to friends/family/coworkers. The keg is mostly for myself to have drinkable beer within a few days after transfer. Thanks for the advice so far!

My God those are high prices. That's becoming more the norm now days with the homebrewing boom and internet sales.

Take a few minutes and check craigslist first. At least for the co2 tank and regulator.

Check Adventures in Home Brewing for the corney. Their prices are reasonable on lots of stuff.

Back