Keezer is pretty much finished - Lots of 3d printed parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice, been into brewing for a year, and 3d printing for a few months. just got a wanhao i3. you have me beat on both counts, i have some learning to do, but want to do a bunch of builds. Ive started thinking about a print to collect my 3 tap system. :) fun stuff

I got the monoprice version of the wanhao i3.

I have to check out those sketchup videos you mentioned so I can start designing my own stuff!

Thanks for all the tips you gave in this thread, and great looking build!

Keep us posted!!!

Heh, I had the thing now for a good week, and it's been printing ever since :)

I did a few enclosures that I had for projects in the pipeline, they're in the 1st 2 pics attached. One is a enclosure for a pool controller based on a RasPi, the other is a enclosure for a 20Mhz DSO based on a BitScope Micro, RasPi and the RasPi touch screen. They're printed in PLA.

As with any of those printers, it's basically a starting point for improvements. The remaining pics are what I've done so far. First was the OctoPi print server enclosure to offload printing from the laptop. It's based (what else) on a RasPi with a sainsmart mini touch screen. OctoPrint is a really cool piece of software to control those printers. Also installed the RasPi cam module in a small enclosure that attaches to the side of the printer.

Next was the leveling dials, an absolute must for this printer. I also upgraded the printing platform to a glass platform, the little corner pieces are to hold that in place. And finally, I replaced the stock fan with a beefier radial fan and a shroud that provides cooling air from all sides (not just the front). The shroud was my first foray into PETG printing for better temperature resistance, turned out pretty good.

Cheers,
-Th

File Feb 04, 13 52 28.jpg

File Feb 04, 13 48 03.jpg

File Feb 04, 13 51 57.jpg

File Feb 04, 13 52 16.jpg

File Feb 04, 14 18 27.jpg

File Feb 04, 13 52 54.jpg

File Feb 04, 14 19 33.jpg

I did a few enclosures that I had for projects in the pipeline, they're in the 1st 2 pics attached. One is a enclosure for a pool controller based on a RasPi, the other is a enclosure for a 20Mhz DSO based on a BitScope Micro, RasPi and the RasPi touch screen. They're printed in PLA.

As with any of those printers, it's basically a starting point for improvements. The remaining pics are what I've done so far. First was the OctoPi print server enclosure to offload printing from the laptop. It's based (what else) on a RasPi with a sainsmart mini touch screen. OctoPrint is a really cool piece of software to control those printers. Also installed the RasPi cam module in a small enclosure that attaches to the side of the printer.

Next was the leveling dials, an absolute must for this printer. I also upgraded the printing platform to a glass platform, the little corner pieces are to hold that in place. And finally, I replaced the stock fan with a beefier radial fan and a shroud that provides cooling air from all sides (not just the front). The shroud was my first foray into PETG printing for better temperature resistance, turned out pretty good.

Cheers,
-Th

Very nice. I just started using octoprint a few weeks ago and love it.

wow all those electronics boxes are over the top. :) more modding on the electrical side than Ive seen on the facebook group.

but it looks like you dont have the z brace mods. Im pretty new the wanhao, but that seems to be the go to thing in the group. leveling and squaring fixes this 'eh' slightly rickety machine, into something rock solid.

wow all those electronics boxes are over the top. :) more modding on the electrical side than Ive seen on the facebook group.

but it looks like you dont have the z brace mods. Im pretty new the wanhao, but that seems to be the go to thing in the group. leveling and squaring fixes this 'eh' slightly rickety machine, into something rock solid.

yes, definitely on top of my list. I have a friend making me stainless rods instead of using the threaded stock. I haven't had anything to print that's that tall where it would make a large impact, but it'll be there shortly. It takes some 30+ hours to print that stuff tho...

Cheers,
-Th

Cheers,
-Th

That's awesome. As stated earlier I'm trying to get into it but higher priority items keep popping up. Sooner or later I'll get one, hope it's sooner... I don't know what the Octoprint is, guess I have some research to do.

That's awesome. As stated earlier I'm trying to get into it but higher priority items keep popping up. Sooner or later I'll get one, hope it's sooner... I don't know what the Octoprint is, guess I have some research to do.

Basically you install it on a raspberry pi, then you plug your printer into that, as well as a webcam. You then use your browser on any pc on your network (or outside your network if you forward the ports) to control your printer, and you can monitor it with the webcam, and it also automatically makes time lapses of prints.

Something a bit more on topic for this forum: I printed a few pieces for my fermentation chamber, pics are below:

(1), (2) + (3): a shelf that fits the little Lasko space heaters I use in my fermentation chambers (link). They're out of the way now...
(4), (5) + (6): a holder for my aeration wand, along with a holder for the fridge temp thermo couple (for the brewpi).

I put the sketchup and stl files up on Github, if anyone has a need for them.
heater shelf
aeration wand holder

Cheers,
-Th

File Feb 11, 21 30 36.jpg

File Feb 11, 21 30 20.jpg

File Feb 11, 21 30 08.jpg

File Feb 11, 21 29 53.jpg

File Feb 11, 21 28 37.jpg

File Feb 11, 22 06 39.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhhhh You cruel sick Ba$tard$ Highjacking a thread with 3D Printing....:D
Love the Tap Handels...Especially The Name Plates...I think I would like some.. Think intead of the Little Hops and Such I would prefer a Name plate on just the front side...

Anyone care to mock up a design for me...I think it would be cool to have a Name plate made up off of a Logo

Ohhhhhh You cruel sick Ba$tard$ Highjacking a thread with 3D Printing....:D
Love the Tap Handels...Especially The Name Plates...I think I would like some.. Think intead of the Little Hops and Such I would prefer a Name plate on just the front side...

Anyone care to mock up a design for me...I think it would be cool to have a Name plate made up off of a Logo

I could probably do that. Shoot me a pm of what you have in mind.

that's huge! Have you printed anything big yet? You can print a leg lamp!

I havent printed anything huge yet, but I just got a 3dhub order on something pretty large. It will take over 500 grams of filament and over 15 hours to print. Its some short of keg bottom or stand or somethin.

SuA4jG7cKQu-zLZnlaHe7PpYawAPfaYiLZdEaxjF0WkAR4z49Y49qhAGuXMHi_U-GSo9iAIy19BHq2Eep4P3Su-c8zXIaD94GPqMSz_ikpZ4fQpzr2w3Gf2QbaGHDYEPvsD-Mk0CIhAj3Fd3RqDrgwfnGMAs57Cb9mqYga0e-jvQvTE_JwMDIRz0zCHnTVGEdrL9AWnfyPgpcg8aVSGFP5nIKdbXrSbFTU2yHkBF4Oi5kOy5lycpXmpXti9M4StegYcFknAXV-xeq-WV0loWMd-IHKGOV4GeVGwHCg-jjODqzJ-1NLCmMR9AgPkF-QaFRTOwscEmvO7kZ08OcoaRzObNgEd1fNI1VrthGoht0Pl248MdWBE2elg9ryGpcAVRWAGUHH2CFHxfRj3Xl_BSAhYCGkW_UhIsakjWXOm8w2z6Pnxog0FCJ1NYRaPxwFym6CpSbhds1CpuXpuRsvnVp6t2is0fIydH6JqUUQHtD5JiM5fPDp-Nb1ngiTbDauYw3xdsSaswqOks_A7rGjJKXKkJWPtC4hoie8WbzFpsM5w2K7EVFJC0DgYel9lrjY4xFy-48CebUo1ErJjbGPbbjF2gQY-4lJFsyz21gTUjn9mG0VUfhw=w1584-h894-no

My buddy Justin, who did the majority of the design for the #BigDelta printed this last week for fun:

fshk74_x1D6H9ahne9CU92Y_HSRr4pITLM0kao9-2a3kfTUEHXsAjF8vc-QPDCce3toOly-KX9rI2_Kn2ccWwc8wp9P-5K33gl2TaGBHtaORoXvvyX9aDjJxhF8ETVZJSodbzOdY3kKBngKEh_v3a4IDkmWCo1Vz_gDqU7nbEb7z3BfnJ5YfWCRVLm2v3Xnd44QpgaOnILG-j8iQoUAPLEV49aahe1Dxa6PSQKf3N99WlRgwiKIUGOboeru24v3E1A27Wt0rp9wUTDqmflaf4HGSzt3Aksq6vPqAnBoedlKfdUhgwp-ogRYhI5OdF8ZOutzN8N5zdJnpeLEfKDzii48q98y6orYkZ4JuBZG4SDTqR7TPyPGzbnhVmKToL2eBQdHrCpxtmSIwK5oJ_fuUrwHs5fbcZoFuCAINouStmOsWT4zd9I2FKldNoAUs0PYYRGoLyXEkl2W_B7zcnp2k0OhSBiKTop937eqqtqETjw4ZSqaTRXVkurFcWnQ53Z_hgpFlE1BgXaCLB6XP2s-rTH7NTc3WZl3nWL5dIcAHMdFpVaUV3V8pV_jYX20hdo16273F_0cJLmzv4OMgomYjsaDDp7TgJ6AXqv0f6R3Z2dh3mpAIfw=w416-h927-no

It was over 800 grams of filament and took 38 hours I think.

I havent printed anything huge yet, but I just got a 3dhub order on something pretty large. It will take over 500 grams of filament and over 15 hours to print. Its some short of keg bottom or stand or somethin.

SuA4jG7cKQu-zLZnlaHe7PpYawAPfaYiLZdEaxjF0WkAR4z49Y49qhAGuXMHi_U-GSo9iAIy19BHq2Eep4P3Su-c8zXIaD94GPqMSz_ikpZ4fQpzr2w3Gf2QbaGHDYEPvsD-Mk0CIhAj3Fd3RqDrgwfnGMAs57Cb9mqYga0e-jvQvTE_JwMDIRz0zCHnTVGEdrL9AWnfyPgpcg8aVSGFP5nIKdbXrSbFTU2yHkBF4Oi5kOy5lycpXmpXti9M4StegYcFknAXV-xeq-WV0loWMd-IHKGOV4GeVGwHCg-jjODqzJ-1NLCmMR9AgPkF-QaFRTOwscEmvO7kZ08OcoaRzObNgEd1fNI1VrthGoht0Pl248MdWBE2elg9ryGpcAVRWAGUHH2CFHxfRj3Xl_BSAhYCGkW_UhIsakjWXOm8w2z6Pnxog0FCJ1NYRaPxwFym6CpSbhds1CpuXpuRsvnVp6t2is0fIydH6JqUUQHtD5JiM5fPDp-Nb1ngiTbDauYw3xdsSaswqOks_A7rGjJKXKkJWPtC4hoie8WbzFpsM5w2K7EVFJC0DgYel9lrjY4xFy-48CebUo1ErJjbGPbbjF2gQY-4lJFsyz21gTUjn9mG0VUfhw=w1584-h894-no

My buddy Justin, who did the majority of the design for the #BigDelta printed this last week for fun:

fshk74_x1D6H9ahne9CU92Y_HSRr4pITLM0kao9-2a3kfTUEHXsAjF8vc-QPDCce3toOly-KX9rI2_Kn2ccWwc8wp9P-5K33gl2TaGBHtaORoXvvyX9aDjJxhF8ETVZJSodbzOdY3kKBngKEh_v3a4IDkmWCo1Vz_gDqU7nbEb7z3BfnJ5YfWCRVLm2v3Xnd44QpgaOnILG-j8iQoUAPLEV49aahe1Dxa6PSQKf3N99WlRgwiKIUGOboeru24v3E1A27Wt0rp9wUTDqmflaf4HGSzt3Aksq6vPqAnBoedlKfdUhgwp-ogRYhI5OdF8ZOutzN8N5zdJnpeLEfKDzii48q98y6orYkZ4JuBZG4SDTqR7TPyPGzbnhVmKToL2eBQdHrCpxtmSIwK5oJ_fuUrwHs5fbcZoFuCAINouStmOsWT4zd9I2FKldNoAUs0PYYRGoLyXEkl2W_B7zcnp2k0OhSBiKTop937eqqtqETjw4ZSqaTRXVkurFcWnQ53Z_hgpFlE1BgXaCLB6XP2s-rTH7NTc3WZl3nWL5dIcAHMdFpVaUV3V8pV_jYX20hdo16273F_0cJLmzv4OMgomYjsaDDp7TgJ6AXqv0f6R3Z2dh3mpAIfw=w416-h927-no

It was over 800 grams of filament and took 38 hours I think.

Very nice! My longest print has been about 12 hours but it was just a lame lid for my fish tank skimmer. That rocket is pretty sweet!

Back