Keezer is Foaming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
My new keezer is shooting out just about straight foam. It's been carbing for 8 days at 12 psi. I even turned down the regulator to 8 and it is still out of control. It is set up the same as my old Kegerator so I don't know whats the deal exactly. After a few minutes about 75% of original foam is gone, but it's still flowing way too fast. 5 ft of line into the tap that is about 3 inches above top of keg.

Your line is a bit short. I prefer 7 to 10 foot.

Also check the seal on the intake tube (take off fluid post and lift out tube). If that seal goes, co2 will mix in the line. I just dealt with that (again) on one of my kegs.

Length does make a difference, but so does your beer line- are you running 3/16? Bigger isn't always better- do a search on line balancing; there is a chart and a formula for proper line length/diameter. rule of thumb, 8-10 ft of 3/16 is fairly common.

Also check:

Ball/Pin lock connectors (for gunk/leaks)
Posts (leaks)
Connections (leaks)
Tap (gunk)
Warm lines (a lot of times first 1/2-1 pour is foamy do to sitting in the line, warming up, and CO2 coming out of solution; ideally math works out to a couple ounces; pour one right after. If it isn't foamy/has correct head, look at how to cool your lines).

Good luck!

PS there are TONS of FOAM posts... do a search to see what worked for others :mug:

Yeah. Assumed he was running 3/16 beer line. (and not just cheap PVC) Thanks for catching that.

There are other thickness's of real beer line. They are used to lower the resistance for when longer distances are a necessity. Most commercial runs where the keg fridge is nowhere near the bar use 3/8" for example.

Back