Keezer insulation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Hello,
I was just wondering what people used for Keezer collar insulation? Would it be possible to use the foam the chest freezer came in?
EC8391E7-F208-4177-965D-9BF26B445380.jpeg

I use nothing. I make sure I have pretty good airflow (multiple fans!) so that temperature stratification isn't a problem. And I'm sure this costs me a few bucks more in electricity, but I've seen no ill effects otherwise.

Sealing is more important than insulating, because condensation is a pain.

fwiw, I used 1" thick foil-faced polystyrene board to line the custom lid I built for my keezer. The facing helps keep moisture from getting into the insulation, makes it easy to seal the joints with foil tape made for that purpose, and the fact that it's rigid made it really easy to cut and install. I would expect it to be higher R-rated than closed cell foam as well though frankly I'm not sure that matters that much...

Cheers!

Thanks for the info! Currently just using it as a fermentation chamber. I definitely need to invest in a fan. đź‘Ť

I usually brew 2.5 or 3 gallon batches, so this little guy works well for me.
Don’t mind the temporary flooring, I’m in the process of building a base with casters.
1F1CB8CE-43D9-43C4-BB4E-ADA82D42CCA1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back