keezer & Co2 bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchever1

Reaction score
As a newbie I think I am overthinking everything. BUT, since cold compresses gasses would it be a good idea to mount theCo2 bottle on the outside of the keezer ? It would also free up space for a half keg. Just Askin??:pipe:

You are going to get multiple responses to this and they are both going to be different - unfortunately.

I have done this both ways and currently have it outside the freezer/fridge. From personal experience, I am a proponent of keeping it out of the cold and letting it site at room temp. Even so far as to putting a barrier of some sort between the bottom of the tank and the ground (either carpet, wood or something). And the bonus side effect is that it does free up room for more kegs :ban:

Also, by storing the tank/regulator outside of the keezer you can avoid the condensation inside your gauges. I think the only drawback is you might have to drill a hole for the gas line in. I don't think you are saving much c02 by the temperature difference, but the space savings and lack of gauge condensation make it worth it.

My Keggerator's CO2 is external and my Keezer is internal. I notice no difference in lifespan or performance. It's just going to come down to your personal preference. We'll all agree that maximizing the amount of cold beer available should go into your building plan.

Back