Keezer Candidate Questions - Frigidaire 5.0

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofiefoot

Reaction score
I'm going this evening to look at a 2002 model Frigidaire I found on craigslist for $50. It's supposed to be in good working order, so what should I look for to make sure I'm getting a decent appliance?

Also, I know I'll need to build a collar (and looking forward to it :D ). How are folks securing the collars to their freezers, other than the hinges?

Any other advice is humbly accepted!

I'd suggest that you have the seller have the freezer plugged in so that when you go see it you can tell if it's cooling or not.

As far as securing the collar...I used Liquid Nails and 4 small braces on each side for good measure.

Did you have the braces screwed into the side, or just use them as stabilizers? I guess I'm trying to figure out if I can get away with not drilling into the skin of the freezer. The liquid nails sounds like more than enough.

So, I bought the freezer. Looks like it will hold a couple of 5 gallon carboys, so I can use it for fermenting until I get my kegs and equipment. I'm sure I'll have some more questions once I start my build.

Back