Keezer build question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerJR

Reaction score
I've got an old Sears chest freezer that I'm converting. The model is 198617670, and a parts diagram is available here. Am I correct in assuming that there are no freon lines in the walls? I want to mount my temp controller on the front wall, but don't want to risk rupturing anything.

I'm looking forward to getting this thing finished. It's a 21 cubic foot model, and I'm pretty sure I can get at least 10 corny kegs inside. Sweet.

I'd be surprised if there are no lines in the walls. Isn't that how 99% of chest freezers work -- cold walls?

To mount the temp controller, I was going to use a couple sheet metal screws.

You could use velcro or adhesive instead.

I have a large chest freezer and one thing I would recommend is cleaning and then water proofing the seams on the inside (if any) with silicone or the like. The humidity from running as a fridge causes rust. Easy to prevent--hard to treat after the fact.

Looking at the parts diagram, looks like all the cooling is done in a wall separating the hump from the rest of the freezer.

how about a 2x4 collar and mount it in the wood.. easy peezy.... I was against it, until I wanted to have my co2 tank outside my keezer..... I went with a 2x6 collar and it turned out bad ass, check the link in my sig for pics...

-=Jason=-

I'll likely go with a 2x6 collar. Just not this weekend. I'll probably wait to mount the temp controller until the collar gets installed. Testing the freezer with the controller as we speak!

Latest posts

Back