Just starting in the Buckeye Country

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffington

Reaction score
I am just starting homebrewing in Columbus. I have gone a little overboard and started brewing tons of batches before I've even finished my first...but I just can't stop. It's too fun and I don't mind a few mistakes. Anyway, hello everyone. I hope to eventually be a fixture here.

Same here, 5 batches made. Drinking the first now. Even the mistakes have the same end result! Check out the grape and granary if you ever pass through Akron.

Thank you. And errr... I'm a little afraid to ask, and I'm sure you've answered this before but how do you catch a fart in a jar?

I'm between campus and Clintonville.
I actually have a request. I'm considering buying a 7 gal or larger brew pot, as I have brews that I am going to make that are too big for my 3 and 5 gal kettles. I'm seriously considering buying this 10 Gal Boilermaker. I don't want to have to buy another pot. Any advise or input?
Secondly, if I do, would anyone fairly local be willing to lend me/babysit me/advise me with their larger pot while I brew my batches? I have all the ingredients. I just refused to acknowledge how difficult it would be to do a split pot setup.

Welcome, from Dayton! I was just in your city picking up a growler of Barley's Four Seas IIPA. That place is magical.

Thank you. And errr... I'm a little afraid to ask, and I'm sure you've answered this before but how do you catch a fart in a jar?

I'm between campus and Clintonville.
I actually have a request. I'm considering buying a 7 gal or larger brew pot, as I have brews that I am going to make that are too big for my 3 and 5 gal kettles. I'm seriously considering buying this 10 Gal Boilermaker. I don't want to have to buy another pot. Any advise or input?
Secondly, if I do, would anyone fairly local be willing to lend me/babysit me/advise me with their larger pot while I brew my batches? I have all the ingredients. I just refused to acknowledge how difficult it would be to do a split pot setup.

If you're ever inclined to brew 10 gallon batches, a 10 gallon pot is too small. I boil in a 15.5 gal keggle.

I am just starting homebrewing in Columbus. I have gone a little overboard and started brewing tons of batches before I've even finished my first...but I just can't stop. It's too fun and I don't mind a few mistakes. Anyway, hello everyone. I hope to eventually be a fixture here.

I'm just starting home brewing in Columbus too! Out of the West Side. My first scheduled "Brew Day" is this weekend so can't even quite call myself a brewer yet...

Same here, 5 batches made. Drinking the first now. Even the mistakes have the same end result! Check out the grape and granary if you ever pass through Akron.

The Grape & Grainery is an awesome resource for home brewers. Actually, it's just an awesome place, period:rockin:

So hey guys......I'm an A.K. Rowdy transpalnt living in Florida now. Anytime you want to shoot the brewski just give me a shout. If there's ever anything from Florida you think you may need hit me up. I'm willing to trade, especially this fall, for some GOOD sweetcorn from Ruffners over on Rt. 43. the corn in FL sucks!

I've been brewing since Christmas of 2008 when I got a Mr. Beer kit as a gift. I brewed a Mr. Beer kit one time. Now I use the kegs for grain/extract creations I come up with on my own. But it's only temporary. Once we get into a house with more room I'll have a much better setup. Until then the beer is still good and I'm a happy guy. It's great to be in touch with fellow Ohioans:mug:

Welcome to the boards! AK Rowdy... Summit County... Hetuck, you aren't missing out on much being down in FL now. I would agree, the Grape and Grainery is an amazing store! Just went the for the first time two weeks ago. You guys get Great Lakes Brewing beers down there? If not, you may need to do some beer swapping come Christmas Ale time this year!

Oh, I've been down the GL Christmas Ale road before. I call it the Time Traveler. I drank a good number of them then suddenly woke up at home the next day..........weird :)

Back