Just ordered some new labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJB7266

Reaction score
http://www.neato.com/catalog/productinfo.aspx?id=628

18-628-Product_Primary_Image-thumb.jpeg

Just order a pack of 100 labels for $26.55. Has anyone ever used these before?

I found a coupon code for 20% if anybody is interested
Code: FNR2

Wow... that seems really expensive to me. They're cool, but that's only enough labels for TWO 5-gallon batches. That's essentially adding about $11 to each of your brews.

They look great! I don't usually label every beer in an entire batch any way so the price isn't THAT bad for a professional label. When I do label it is milk glue on laserprinter paper :D

Have you printed any yet? If you have, can you dunk a labeled beer in water and see if it runs?

If it doesn't, I'm buying a bunch. I've been looking for labels like this.

Edit: Screw it. I'm ordering them anyway.

Wow... that seems really expensive to me. They're cool, but that's only enough labels for TWO 5-gallon batches. That's essentially adding about $11 to each of your brews.

Well the only reason they are expensive is because they are waterproof...or that what the site says. So, I'm guessing that they are some kind of vinyl material. As far as other inkjet vinyl labels I've seen, this is a pretty good deal.

Well the only reason they are expensive is because they are waterproof...or that what the site says. So, I'm guessing that they are some kind of vinyl material. As far as other inkjet vinyl labels I've seen, this is a pretty good deal.

Plus, it's not like you are going to label every batch of beer. That would be crazy. Labels like these are for gifts or special occasions IMO.

Plus, it's not like you are going to label every batch of beer. That would be crazy. Labels like these are for gifts or special occasions IMO.

Exactly, and you don't even have to label an entire batch either. Plus if you have a house brew, you should be able to reuse them, or you could just make a universal label...something of that nature

Just printed and labeled 12 beers. The labels are very good quality...they actually don't smear when wet, however, they can come a little loose if the water gets underneath the label...no big deal.

The colors came out a little different than I expected. My biggest problem is that the images don't always align correctly with the label when being printed. A nice bleed should take care of that problem. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.

Is this 100 sheets of labels, or 100 labels total? I bought a pack of 100 sheets of the same labels from onlinelabels (part # OL3078 ) for $20 plus shipping, but just the plain matte. The weatherproof labels are about twice that per 100 sheets, I ordered a pack after the last ones turned out pretty well.

The colors came out a little different than I expected. My biggest problem is that the images don't always align correctly with the label when being printed. A nice bleed should take care of that problem. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied.

That's why I haven't even printed on mine yet. I did a test run on regular paper and it was way off. Tried using their software and it was a mess. Will try it again this week.

Is this 100 sheets of labels, or 100 labels total? I bought a pack of 100 sheets of the same labels from onlinelabels (part # OL3078 ) for $20 plus shipping, but just the plain matte. The weatherproof labels are about twice that per 100 sheets, I ordered a pack after the last ones turned out pretty well.

It's 100 labels. 4 labels per sheet.

they are cool, but i brew a whole 5 gallon batch of beer for less than they cost

Thanks, Capt. Obvious. Didn't see the other guy say the exact same thing and doing batches for half the cost of you? See below.

Wow... that seems really expensive to me. They're cool, but that's only enough labels for TWO 5-gallon batches.

Ever think that people will just label gift beer or beer for special occasions with this?

Personally, I'm brewing wedding favors. Already had laser etched bottle caps made and now I'm doing labels. I'm not a pauper...I'm not giving away unlabeled, sharpie-on-cap bottles as wedding favors.

Shopping around on Google -
one of the first sites is this:
Online Labels

These same labels in bulk pricing - like 100 sheets or more - in a variety of finishes - plain matte, gloss, vinyl, clear, weatherproof, foils, colors, etc.
Click on the finish you want, then the quantity, and the pricing appears -

Shopping around on Google -
one of the first sites is this:
Online Labels

These same labels in bulk pricing - like 100 sheets or more - in a variety of finishes - plain matte, gloss, vinyl, clear, weatherproof, foils, colors, etc.
Click on the finish you want, then the quantity, and the pricing appears -

They aren't the exact same labels....those are knockoffs. It even says below:

"Online Labels does not sell Neato-branded labels. Neato products and SKU numbers are trademarks of Neato, which does not endorse any products made or sold by Online Labels."

That being said, it is a good price if you need a ton of labels or want to split the order with others.

They aren't the exact same labels....those are knockoffs. It even says below:

"Online Labels does not sell Neato-branded labels. Neato products and SKU numbers are trademarks of Neato, which does not endorse any products made or sold by Online Labels."

That being said, it is a good price if you need a ton of labels or want to split the order with others.

I just got in my second batch from online labels. This time I went with "OL500", slightly bigger than the "OL3078", but without the neck ring labels. 6 labels per sheet, 100 sheets of white weatherproof laser for $50, they turned out pretty well, price was right too, works out to 9 cents per label after shipping.

Back