Just for the fun of it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymack

Reaction score
Ok, the batch was a right-off due to creating a fusel alcohol from bad infection (I've read a thousand posts on here, and Im quite certain of my problem).

Bored and looking to be "experimental",I froze a bottle overnight, and poured the thawing element through a strainer into a glass.

HOLY JESUS

Not sure if someone more technically inclined can tell me what I just did, but I only took a wee sip and my belly started rumbling like the ground under a T-Rex. Sweet, heavy and a taste like nothing I've ever had. Ever.... Anywhere... or want again!

God, I love brewing!:rockin:

jaymack said:
Ok, the batch was a right-off due to creating a fusel alcohol from bad infection (I've read a thousand posts on here, and Im quite certain of my problem).
Yeasts create fusel alcohols, not unwanted microbes (unless you're talking about getting infected with a wild yeast?).

As far as what you did with your beer, something akin to making 'eis' beer I'd say, where beer is taken to its freezing point and the non-alcoholic 'ice' is skimmed off the top.

Back