Just Bought Some New Equipment!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kugel

Reaction score
Hello all. Hope this doesn't violate any rules, but I just bought a special:
One refurb Racetrack Keg, ball lock (l assume 5 gallons.) + One primary co2 regulator with barb fittings, ball/check valve, hoses and ball lock couplers for gas and liquid + One party tap with hose.
$117 delivered!!
Keg Connection has that deal through the end of this weekend.

Also I added a second Corny/Firestone Keg, two bubblers and a 32oz bottle of sanitizer.

I have NO connection nor affiliation to/with Keg Connection. Just reporting on what I purchased, and what I thought was a great deal. Hope this helps someone else.

Still want to get a co2 bottle and some Safale US-05 yeast. Already have everything else.

WooHoo! Looking forward to getting started.

Good Brewing and God Bless!

Kugel

Sounds like a good deal, and have fun. To me having fun and enjoying the hobby makes it worth it, as opposed to trying to keep up with the science and worrying about every little procedure you do and trying to avoid what could possibly go wrong.

One refurb Racetrack Keg
Use a liberal amount of keglube on the lid o-ring to help get a good seal. And keep checking it for possible leaks. Racetrack lids can be a bit finicky to seal because of the straight sides.

To check for lid leaks, spray some Starsan around the mounted lid when the keg is pressurized, and watch out for any bubbles appearing.

Back