Jumping into making Kombucha!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E0AE9074-0619-4346-8D54-13725992A7D7.jpeg
Very little to no carbonation but still tastes pretty good. This was a picture of the Pineapple & Mango booch I made. One mango & a half a pineapple puréed in the food processor. Added 1oz to each 16oz bottle.
I also did a strawberry & kiwi batch (7 strawberries & 3 kiwis). Similar results with carbonation and pretty decent taste.
As time goes on I think there’s a small baby scoby growing and I can’t help but to think of @NGD and his previous story.

7214C7FB-759F-4BDF-B6DB-9E44D0B14E2D.jpeg
6FCE6C69-5603-4861-9BC7-C446C9D5C07F.png
This latest batch of booch turned out really good. One third of the bottles I added 2oz of the Bolthouse Juice to 16oz bottles. After a good week to ten days the carbonation is excellent. My wife loves this one and has been drinking it often. I’ll have to do more with this one. The color is a nice red too. I’m hooked!!

5C823FB1-98DA-41A0-9557-B97707E0CA27.jpeg
Just pulled a gallon off the fermenter to bottle with some watermelon, mint & lemonade. Let it sit for several days to carbonate. The scoby looks good. I’ll probably need to pull it out and start a hotel soon. Plus give the fermenter a good cleaning.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated. Of course I’ll reference the big book of booch I have on cleaning, but just like anything else anyone with experience may have something to share that’s helpful.
Cheers!

I wouldn't bother with a "SCOBY Hotel," pellicles are useless. You should, however, save plenty of mature booch to use as starter.

Cleaning: on a plastic brew bucket like that I use a soft bucket brush, 2 gallons hot water, and a half ounce of PBW. After scrub and rinse, I spray with starsan and invert to dry.

Latest posts

Back