John Bull Irish Stout Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnurkows

Reaction score
After the 4-8 day fermentation period, I want to put it in a cornelius keg. Can I avoid the priming sugar and force carbonation with a co2 tank? If I did that approximately how long would it take for the beer to be ready to drink?

I want to get this Stout done as fast as I can and am willing to trade off a lil bit of taste for time. (as long as it will still taste like a good stout.).

Anyput will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

jnurkows

A stout? Ouch. Good news is, it won't need that much carbonation, but no condidioning? What is the hurry? You will drink it all up when it is green and OK.

Yes you can carb it and fairly fast. Do a search. It is more than I really want to type;)

a stout is going to need some mellowing time. 4 days will not be enough and 8, it will prob just be finishing up. I would let it mellow for a few days in primary once its done...carbonation,,kegs, etc etc.. all gibberish to me. sorry

Would it be possible to have it done in 2 weeks by March 13th for the NCAA tournament(I have to start on it on Sunday Feb 24 ?

I'm thinking 8 days for fermenting, and then I'll have anywhere from 7-12 days to condition the beer and then to force carbonation and drink the next day.

Will it really be green after the fermentation and will it be good tasting to drink it after I force carbonation in it for a day?

Back