Jockey Box Must Haves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicktght311

Reaction score
After years of renting a JB whenever i needed to serve at a party, i finally pulled the trigger and purchased my own. I've got the stainless coil jockey box, the lines with beer nut on one end for the back of the JB, and Keg quick disconnects on the other end, and an adapter for Beer nut to garden hose to flush things out. I use my old 4 way co2 splitter from my old keezer build for co2 lines.

What am i missing that i should have, or any common practices i should pay attention to? For cleaning the lines, I figured i could fill a 2.5gallon corny with BLC, flush each line with it, and then use the garden hose adapter to flush with clean water, my compressor to blow the water out of the lines, and then store it with everything open so it dries out.

After years of renting a JB whenever i needed to serve at a party, i finally pulled the trigger and purchased my own. I've got the stainless coil jockey box, the lines with beer nut on one end for the back of the JB, and Keg quick disconnects on the other end, and an adapter for Beer nut to garden hose to flush things out. I use my old 4 way co2 splitter from my old keezer build for co2 lines.

What am i missing that i should have, or any common practices i should pay attention to? For cleaning the lines, I figured i could fill a 2.5gallon corny with BLC, flush each line with it, and then use the garden hose adapter to flush with clean water, my compressor to blow the water out of the lines, and then store it with everything open so it dries out.

The best thing I added to my Jockey Box (well actually a Jockey Igloo cooler) was a Nukatap faucet from Intertap with spring loaded return. I've been a big fan of Perlick flow control faucets for a long time, but this Nukatap faucet continues to impress me with great pours, something that's not often easy to obtain from a Jockey Box. I replaced one of the Perlick with a Nukatap a few months back during a rebuild of all my faucets and I never put the Perlick back on. That's how much I like the Nukatap.

The best thing I added to my Jockey Box (well actually a Jockey Igloo cooler) was a Nukatap faucet from Intertap with spring loaded return. I've been a big fan of Perlick flow control faucets for a long time, but this Nukatap faucet continues to impress me with great pours, something that's not often easy to obtain from a Jockey Box. I replaced one of the Perlick with a Nukatap a few months back during a rebuild of all my faucets and I never put the Perlick back on. That's how much I like the Nukatap.
Second this, Nukataps are freaking amazing. Every pour I'm like "how could it even pour any better, seriously."

Depending on the number of taps (1+), it is helpful to have a way to daisy chain them together when cleaning. I have forward sealing Intertap faucets. On my faucets the spout end unscrews and I can insert a threaded ball lock male quick disconnect. Then I connect a line to the next faucet. Cuts down the cleaning time.

Also, I have a ball lock male connect to quick disconnect male adapter/coupling. I use my March pump on my brew rig to recirculate PBW through the system. Could also be done with BLC. I rinse and then run starsan through.

The winged beer nuts make taking the lines off easier.

I keep a small box with repair stuff in it: Post wrench, a couple spare poppets, screwdriver, spare o-rings, bottle starsan, tap brush.

Black caps for the taps.

I have a stainless steel cart, a drip tray, and a coaster holder but those are just extras.

Last edited:
I recommend using a faucet with an internal spring as well to prevent accidental pours (and idiots who forget to close the tap). Intertap sells the springs and they work on their faucets and Perlicks.

I recommend using a faucet with an internal spring as well to prevent accidental pours (and idiots who forget to close the tap). Intertap sells the springs and they work on their faucets and Perlicks.
Agreed, the best $2 insurance policy against drained kegs is the return springs Intertap sells. One caveat, they don't always play nice with the flow control faucets. The good news is that with the Nukatap faucets you probably won't need flow control.

Latest posts

Back