Jet washer, a funny thing happened

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flars

Reaction score
When you first hook up a jet washer and turn on the water, a bit of water spits out before the water pressure seals the valve. I had some ground meat defrosting in the left side of my brewing sink. I decided to point the jet washer in the opposite direction I normally have it. I would be rinsing bleach solution from bottles that had contained a stout with a wild yeast infection. Really thought it would be a good idea not to get any bleach solution into the water with the defrosting meat.

Turned the water on and there was a loud crack. The little spit of water hit my portable work light clamped to the left of the sink. I use the work light to inspect the insides of bottles and carboys. Luckily it was mounted below eye level and the reflector was pointed down. Surprising how much sound is produced when an 100 watt incandescent explodes.

Yowsers!

Don't you think a light bulb contraption like that close to a sink isn't dangerous? After the bulb exploded there was a bare circuit left...

I don't post to often, but I thought this one was worthy as a reminder. Wasn't a problem for six years. Then it happens.

I don't post to often, but I thought this one was worthy as a reminder. Wasn't a problem for six years. Then it happens.

Absolutely worth posting!
It's so easy to forget something can be hazardous since it hasn't shown failure.

Back