Jaybird's Stainless False Bottoms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, $85 is an excellent price. It's perfectly flat. I wondered how it would sit on the bottom and I couldn't be happier. There is virtually no gap between the edge and the keg bottom. I'm going to do a 10 gallon batch of APA on Saturday so we'll see how well it works.

Yep, $85 is an excellent price. It's perfectly flat. I wondered how it would sit on the bottom and I couldn't be happier. There is virtually no gap between the edge and the keg bottom. I'm going to do a 10 gallon batch of APA on Saturday so we'll see how well it works.

I get a bunch of requests for these now.... only made the one so far, but lots of people are liking your design...

I get a bunch of requests for these now.... only made the one so far, but lots of people are liking your design...

Well don't keep them waiting , build them. I figured out that this thing has 170 square inches of surface area. The skirt added almost 50% more filter area. Not too shabby.

I only use whole hops, however, I decided to make the whoopie cushion style screen filter to go under it if I decide I want to filter hot break or pellets. As is I would guess you would need a good portion of whole leaf to get good filtration but then again I havent used it yet.

The custom hop stopper worked awesome with a 5 oz leaf hop payload. It filtered out lots of break material too. I will do a big IPA soon and take some pics.

I was wondering if I could get a price for a FB for a convertered 15.5 keg along with a dip tube and shipping to 52726. Thanks.

I was wondering if I could get a price for a FB for a convertered 15.5 keg along with a dip tube and shipping to 52726. Thanks.

the 15" hinged FB are $95 shipped
the new 12" hop stopper is $85
the copper dip tubes are now only $15 built for your system. those come with the compression fitting too.
if you want to add a handle welded to the FB those are $10
all prices are shipped.
Cheers
Jay

Any benefit to using the 15" over the 12" for a RIMS system, without direct firing the MLT? Thanks.

Most see a bit better extraction from the grain with the 15".
Thanks. I will probably be draining back into the BK and using it as a grant vs pumping in and out of the MLT. I don't know if that would make a difference. But I like what I see, and will be placing an order very soon....

Hey Jay the FBs look good, I have a few ?'s on the 15.5 hinged ones. Are they all 304/316 stainless hinges and all? What guage are they made from and do they need braces under them with a large grain load?

i have brewed 50 gallons with my FB from Jay this month, this thing is a beast. I have had over 40lbs of grain on it with no issues at all.

Hey Jay the FBs look good, I have a few ?'s on the 15.5 hinged ones. Are they all 304/316 stainless hinges and all? What guage are they made from and do they need braces under them with a large grain load?

they are a 15" they are 304 with 316 stainless hinges tig welded. They are 16 ga not the 18 that most use.... and HECK NO you dont need any bracing under them :cross:. They can handle 50+ Lb's of grain + water without worring at all.
Cheers
Jay

As far as the 12" vs 15", I have the 12s and would probably go with the 15 if given the choice to do over. Strong as hell though, I'll pass these on to future little homebrewers.

Hey Jay,
Sent a PM to you yesterday, but it doesn't look like it went through. Anyhow, I need a quote (shipped) for a 15" hinged with center hole and a 12" with center hole (no handles on either). Please PM me at your convenience.

I placed my order on 6 September for a FB, with handle, and dip-tube. I'm very excited about it, thanks Jay!

Jay, pls check your mailbox. Sent a PM, hoping you can provide a tracking number for that FB i ordered. Thanks.

Ya I sent out a bunch this week..... Thanks for all the orders guys! New Website is on its way very very soon!
But till then PM me with requests... I am in full production and making loads of custom stuff for people...
Cheers
Jay

JF
It will go out tomorrow... I will send you a DC# through Paypal..
Thanks for the order. The last time I sent something to Canada it took over a week to get through customs...
Cheers
Jay

Woooooo Hooooooo:rockin:

Just got my FB's in the mail!!!
They are beautiful....ok maybe not that but they are great.

Thanks Jaybird awesome job!!!
:tank: :ban: :mug:

JF
It will go out tomorrow... I will send you a DC# through Paypal..
Thanks for the order. The last time I sent something to Canada it took over a week to get through customs...
Cheers
Jay
Don't understand what's going on with paypal, I keep receiving email saying that you send the package (NorCal) then the next day, that the shippement was cancel.... I am sure it's not you doing this, but do you have a tracking number so I know when to expect this beauty. I know about customs, it take way to long to go thru...

Gotta be patient, it will arrive one day !

Thank you

Jeff

It was PayPal... And me.... PayPal wouldnt let my computer print an international shipment for some reason. Your package is on the way, hit the PO this morning... You should have a good tracking # at this point. If you dont let me know I will send you one.
Cheers
Jay

Do you have any pictures of the units? Do you have one that can convert my 10 gal rubbermaid to a mash tun?

Here is a pic of mine installed; it's in a keggle MT.

IMG_12792.JPG

These are super high quality and you aren't going to find a better deal. Having them cover the whole bottom, to create more liquid space below, is the bomb for recirculating. Highly recommended from this satisfied customer!

Here is a pic of mine installed; it's in a keggle MT.

IMG_12792.JPG

These are super high quality and you aren't going to find a better deal. Having them cover the whole bottom, to create more liquid space below, is the bomb for recirculating. Highly recommended from this satisfied customer!

Thanks so much for the shout out! Looks good man nice setup!
Thanks for the order...
Jay

Yep it does and thats the way my system is set up. There are some who direct fire their mash tuns and dont want to directly fire the 1/2" stainless pipe that would come out from the bottom of the MLT.

Jay, I'm bottom draining my sanke MLT. I would like to use the 12" to keep the cost down. Will the 12" sit tight without being held down with a dip-tube assembly? What do you use on your system? I only stir at dough-in, then recirculate with a RIMS. Oh, and how do I order? Thanks.

Yep it will sit there no problem... I used the 12" for several years and I do bottom drain my MLT without a diptube...I have 13" available ready to ship too if you want it just a touch bigger. Those are the ones we use on the 10 gallon coolers, but since most people cut the opening of their kegs 12.5" the 12" will go through the top without a hinge.
I will shoot you a PM with paypal 411 or you can call my store 530 243 BEER and pay with CC over the phone.
Cheers
Jay

Back