Jalepeno wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a small batch of Jalepeno wine in August 2008 (bottled in October). It smelled awful ... and mean AWFUL! when I bottled it. I've got 10 350ml bottles and waiting for the right time to try it. Has anyone on the list made Jalepeno wine? If so, how long did you age it before you tried it?
Terry in Houston

Actually that's what I made it for - to cook with. The person that wrote the recipe said it was a also good "sipping wine". Time will tell....

heh, I know Jck keller says the jalapeno wine is great for marinating, and i'd love to try it for that, just can't see drinking it

Course, now that we're on topic o jalapenos, I may have to go pick some up this weekend and dust the snow off the grill. Atomic Buffalo turds!

Ha! I always keep jalepenos in the fridge. I eat them with almost everything. What are atomic buffalo turds?

After making this wine, the smell almost made me not like jalepenos anymore but I got over it.

I've made an apple-jap wine for pork marinades that i would sip on. I've also made a blackberry-jap port style wine that was meant for wild game reductions and sauces that i don't cook with because I would rather drink. They didn't get good until after 8 months or so. I've also made a few bad jap wines that i wouldn't marinade my **** in. If they don't start to get better after 6 months dump and start over. You wouldn't want to use something you can't drink to flavor something you plan on eating.. another opinion of mine is to skip 1 gallon batches and just make 3 gallon min. Most all wines take at least a year to start to get good... when you do get a good one, you'll kick yourself in the ass if you only have five bottles.

I made a 3 gallon batch of habaner & aji wine in Sept & plan to bottle in Aug, the use in Sept...12 months aging. Made it for cooking, but will surely try a glass. Got a taste a couple months ago when I racked it...HOT!!! I have high hopes for this one.

If you search forum here for atomic buffalo turds here, you'll find at least two threads on them. THat's where I learned about them from. Basic, devein jalapeno, stuff with cream cheese (and or shredded cheddar, italian sausage, ground beef, lil smokies, seasoning of choice), then wrap in bacon and grill. Had them several ways, ALL good.

Oh I've had those. I didn't know they were called atomic buffalo turds. I like them a lot.

RE: Habenero wine... I was tempted to try that because I like hot but jalepeno's have a better flavor in my opinion. Perhaps a blend.....

I have huevo's I'll try it on some chips

hell yes,,if you are looking for THE hottest hot sauce

The WORLD hot sauce champion of 2014 ANd 2015

hit me up for his link.

i have some stuff that will send you to the ER

forget jalapinos....he uses haberneroes fermented for 6 mths

Back