Its official!! Im addicted!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffski123

Reaction score
Ok so i just finished my first brew. It was a english mild ale. It was probably the most stressful 5 weeks of my life. Did i do it right? Is it still fermenting? Should i take a hydrometer reading? Is it contaminated? You get the picture. But i am glad to report that after 2 weeks in the bottle, it came out really good. Nice color, pretty decent head with a semi sweet flavor that really pleases the pallet. Starting my second brew in the morning. Stick a fork in me im done, some one should of warned me this was so addicting. Well figured i would share my enjoyment with some folks that would appreciate it.

I have a feeling I'm about to be in the same boat in a few weeks, when my first brew should be ready for tasting. I say, "Bring it on!"

I am brewing a extract kit from northern brewer, caribou slobber. Im a little behind the power curb seeing bow my current batch will be gone before the new batch will be finished. All my buddies have requested a few samples of the mild ale so im down a few six packs. I did just order a 3 gallon and 5 gallon keg system so i can skip the bottling process and have beer ready to drink at least 2 weeks earlier.

Hide your credit cards, prepare your spouse or significant other, its only going to get worse. ;)

Hide your credit cards, prepare your spouse or significant other, its only going to get worse. ;)

Yep!

It's like meth.

Except for the teeth and hair falling out, extreme weight loss, going to jail, etc. And you know what they make you do in jail? Toss the salad.

No one will ever make you toss the salad for homebrewing.

Unless your wife is a dominatrix, and you have a boilover and mess up the kitchen.

You're going to need to work overtime and give up eating, so you can put more money into your new hobby.. Consider yourself warned!!

My wife is already freaking out. Ive begun to start the plans for my mash tun as well as a keezer and full blown all grain brew system. God im only on my second batch and it has consumed me. I hate loving beer this much, LOL!

My answer to this was to start a wine. Now suddenly my wife has plans to turn parts of the basement into a wine cellar/ fermentation area. I was completely hooked on the hobby from about an hour into the first batch!

I've been doing it for about 5 weeks now and I'm trying to determine what my 3rd batch (of beer) is going to be.

I pretty much just pester the heck out of my wife, it really annoys her when I go poking around in all her beads and jewelery making stuff, so she just "throws" me out of the house into my brew shed and tells me to leave her stuff alone and "go brew something"

I pretty much just pester the heck out of my wife, it really annoys her when I go poking around in all her beads and jewelery making stuff, so she just "throws" me out of the house into my brew shed and tells me to leave her stuff alone and "go brew something"

Now THAT is pure genius! Reverse-psychology at its best!

timewasted said:
My answer to this was to start a wine. Now suddenly my wife has plans to turn parts of the basement into a wine cellar/ fermentation area.

My wife has already started research on the wines she wants me to brew. Its a win win situation....

Back