It's National Grammar Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"It's National Grammar Day"

Technically speaking, contractions aren't necessary in written English. Using the full version of a word is always grammatically correct. :p

I'm jus' sayin'.

I remember always getting chewed on for using contractions in college. I guess my proffessor did not like the use of them.

she tot me well! ;)

Times have changed since I went to school, they would have never let a teacher chew on a student. Must have better food or something.

:)

Twat face is grammatically correct. If you're in France, it would be face de twat.

Visage du con.

That shows how much YOU know! ;)

Edit, I probably got the gender wrong. Maybe visage de la con.....but con looks like it's spelt masculine even though it's a lady part

Is anybody else a grammar freak?

Shecky, what are your thoughts on split infinitives? My opinion of you as an ace grammarian hinges on your answer.

Oh, the pressure. I'm not that uptight about split infinitives, to be perfectly honest.

Say it isn't so.

Sorry. I try to avoid them but they don't send me into convulsions. I'm not opposed to ending sentences in prepositions, either. See, I'm more flexible than many believe.

A flexible grammar freak?

Call me progressive.

Where is The Reverend? Reverend, take down those Grammar Nazi signs! Put up a Grammar Kitty Cat!

Okay, since I've already forgotten about the talking like yoda thing, I'm going to go a little less aggressive.

Instead of using the bastardized "aluminum", I'm going to call it by the proper "aluminium".

I like when people say "usually always". " I usually always drink beer for breakfast".

Or "the pub is acrosst the street". acrosst?

Okay, since I've already forgotten about the talking like yoda thing, I'm going to go a little less aggressive.

Instead of using the bastardized "aluminum", I'm going to call it by the proper "aluminium".

Now you are just playing with my sensibilites. :( Aluminium ROCKS!!! :D

My Grammar past away a few years ago but happy National Grammar Day to those still living! :ban:

Because first it's got to be funny.

And how did twat and cocksucker get by the naughty word filter?

Latest posts

Back