It's BEER! Thanks to all of you!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfairbeef

Reaction score
I have been haunting this forum for hours a day and it has paid off! I have created beer, with your assistance! I brewed a slightly doctored up Weizenbier kit from Brewer's Best. It is now kegged, although slightly under carb'd as of now (mainly because I am impatient...). But it came out reasonably nice considering I let it ferment too warm, about 77F. It tastes slightly fruity, full bodied, has serious head retention and great lacing and is still not very clear at all. I expect it will calm down quite a bit if I just leave it alone. ;) Anyhow, I attached a picture.

hOsNv.jpg

Sweet!! Nicely done!

Remember, though, brewers make wort. Yeast makes beer. :)

Enjoy that beer and get some more going ASAP. Such a great way to spend your free time!

Remember, though, brewers make wort. Yeast makes beer. :)

Too true. I am incredibly happy to have such a hobby that interests me so. For quite some time, I have been looking for a hobby that keeps me interested and satisfies the "maker" in me. I feel like I am setting foot on a long journey that I will enjoy every step of the way. Many thanks go out to all that contribute here and share their knowledge and experience. I can only aspire to share my experiences and help others the way this great community has helped me. Up next:

klxJp.jpg

Oh yes! Once you make a beer with Galaxy, you're going to want it AGAIN and AGAIN.

Congrats on your first beer and for jumping right into kegging! Welcome to the new addiction.

You must have bitten with the bug if you're already planning your next batch.

By the way, Saint Arnold gives a helluva brewery tour. I loved that place when I visited!

Totally know the feeling. I wouldn't be a fraction of the brewer I am today without this place. Congrats on your new addiction!

What I am planning is my next, next batch, lol. I have a second batch fermenting now (before I had kegged the first) and plan to get the ingredients for 2 more batches this weekend. Little brother's birthday coming up and he wants to give it a go so I figure "What better an excuse for me to get more ingredients and do another batch right along side him!"

@Kiss Brew - The St. Arnold tour was incredible! It was the first brewery I ever visited and I had an amazing time. I just wish I had gone when I had a little better appreciation for different beers, I was rather green.

Congrats on the brew! I hope you realize what you're getting yourself into. But this is the best place for such addictions.

Back