It Won't Come Out!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakypete

Reaction score
I recently kegged some beer and had it in a regular refridgerator, and tonight I finished building my keezer, so I thought, what better way to celebrate than to toast my new creation with some homebrew coming from it, so I hooked up the keg to the keezer, and now, no beer will come out. Any ideas?

Ummmm did you hook up the connectors to the right connections? I don't know really unless you have the line hooked to the in connector I can't see why beer wouldn't come out.

a few ideas not sure if it will help

No dip tube
if you dry hopped with a bag might be in the way at the bottom
you got the dip tube on the (in) side
lift relief make sure you got pressure?

It sounds like you just have the connectors switched around. If there's beer in the tank and pressure to the lines you will either have a leak or beer coming out of the tap. By the beer doesn't come out I'm assuming it isn't coming out of the keg and you can't see it in the beer out line.

The connectors and everything is hooked up right, I was drinking beer out of it a few days ago, and I still get air coming out of the relief vent when I open that. I didn't dry hop or any of that either. before I hooked it up to the faucet, I blew air through it to make sure there were no obstructions. I have no idea what is going on.

Just read that you do have pressure coming out of the keg. I would say you have a stuck poppet on the beer out line. Try dropping the pressure on the keg then pushing the poppet down on the beer out line.

Same thing happened to me. Turns out there was some minor freezing in the lines. I dropped the temp a bit and it cleared it up.

I run beer and soda water out of my 2 faucet setup. The soda water faucet periodically stops working - always because of ice in the lines. It's running through 20 feet of beer line (at 40 psi), so even though I have the line coiled nice and neat, a stray loop will occassionally stray too close to the cold plate in the back of the fridge. The kegerator is set for 39 degrees, but the cold plate is plenty cold enough to put ice in the line. This could be happening to you.

The quick fix when this happens to me is to find the stray loop, warm it up with my hands and tuck it back out of the way again. Takes 30 seconds or so.

I found the problem!! There was some hop sediment that was plugged at the end of my dip tube. problem solved. Thanks for all your guys' help and suggestions to help me troubleshoot this!!

Back