Is there hope for my "soda beer"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da11en47

Reaction score
So my friends call my latest batch "Sodie Beer", it's a Brown Ale and has too much carbonation, lesson learned. My question is can it be revived?

Would there be any benefit from opening the bottles real quick (both capped and flip-tops) and then re-sealing them and letting them sit for a period of time?

Or am I stuck with soda?

They have been carbing now for around 2 months?

If you pop the flip-tops your screwed, but you could, with a gentle pry get some C02 off the capped ones, then reseal your cap......How much sugar did you use ?

Why is he "screwed" with the flip tops? Seems to me it would be way easier to release pressure on those than the capped ones. I've had a few overcarbed batches and I usually just resign myself to gushers and get out a big ass glass!

All 5 ounces of the packet. According to the Northern Brewer priming calculator, I used too much given the temperature and the type of beer.

I've since bought a scale.

Why is he "screwed" with the flip tops? Seems to me it would be way easier to release pressure on those than the capped ones. I've had a few overcarbed batches and I usually just resign myself to gushers and get out a big ass glass!

If he pops the flip top and just re-caps it, It's a good chance he's gonna end up with flat beer in the long run....Or barely carbed ??..........

Latest posts

Back