Is there a way to propagate yeast at home and that way stop buying the sachets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a typical bandwagon fallacy - because other people think that way it must be true.
Not that there's any proof that 'most' home brewers accept this either.
It's your personal opinion, and you're entitled to that, but you can't extrapolate that to be a general truth.
No, I don't use kveik because I don't like it. Simple as that. In my opinion it's inferior as a brewer's yeast; boring with what I consider an undesirable ester profile, which is a 'kveik' thing. I'm not the only one. I know enthusiastic home brewers who have used it extensively for a year or two before concluding there's much better yeast for most styles of beer. Home brew clubs who have concluded the same. Again, it's more a fad driven by online marketing tactics and beliefs flooding the digital space. It certainly fails to deliver, in my honest opinion. The people consistently promoting it are usually trying to make money selling it. I don't buy it and I'm more than capable of making up my own mind on such matters, having been collecting a private yeast bank for several years and having assessed in excess of 100 strains, including a few kveiks. For me, the truth is it's crap. If you buy it, that's fine. It's a free country, right?

Latest posts

Back