Is SS Brewtech introducing an eBIAB system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I'm also disappointed, for all the reasons stated above. I'm also moving on because I was scouring the vast array of resources and found a picture of a gorgeous kettle on Grounded Brewing's Instagram: www.instagram.com/groundedbrewtech

I emailed Rex about it, and he said they're finalizing details for preorders to start in a month. BIAB kit with 15g kettle, basket, pump, heat exchanger, all TC fittings and 4 butterfly valves, in addition to their 30A 240V controller and a 5500w element. Seems pretty legit. I think I've found my system.

So, I'm also disappointed, for all the reasons stated above. I'm also moving on because I was scouring the vast array of resources and found a picture of a gorgeous kettle on Grounded Brewing's Instagram: www.instagram.com/groundedbrewtech

I emailed Rex about it, and he said they're finalizing details for preorders to start in a month. BIAB kit with 15g kettle, basket, pump, heat exchanger, all TC fittings and 4 butterfly valves, in addition to their 30A 240V controller and a 5500w element. Seems pretty legit. I think I've found my system.

Wow, that just might be perfect.

I will give SSBrew some praise for the plate chiller. The ability to disassemble and clean the plates vs baking which I do now would be pretty nice. Since its TC it would go with the Kettle from grounded.

So far, I am disappoint. Still slim on details, however, the e-mails and the above link make it seem as if the new stuff is not just a control panel and kettles. I can buy a control panel/ kettles from a variety of vendors that are all very similar. I was hoping for new products to combine nice features (BIAB Basket with TC), make the equipment smarter (IoT, webapp, like some of the all in one appliances) and give me a reason to wait, not just another PID control panel.
Agreed. Seems like the kit overall is underwhelming for all the hype. The heating ring is just a blichmann reiteration, with the temp probe added in, and a proprietary connection to the kettle (what's wrong with 2 inch TC?). No mention of a basket or an "improved" method for BIAB. Then, after they told us it'd be 120v, it's only 240v, with a dressed up PID. The smart equipment would be a nice addition. At the price point and the time wasted waiting, I'm beginning to feel like this is a big fail.

Looks pretty sweet. I wonder if they will sell the kettle and basket separate? I just bought a Auber CUBE and already have a chiller and pump

Edit: Got a message from Grounded that they will sell them stand alone. Guess I'll be waiting to make any purchase until they release some details!

Last edited:

Been Emailing Rex back and forth for a week about the 30a Panel I'm going to order and had no idea they were going to be offering a complete turnkey setup. Was just going to order the Clawhammer, but depending on the pricepoint, 90% sold on holding out for this as it looks like a sweet setup. I too think I found my next system!

Been Emailing Rex back and forth for a week about the 30a Panel I'm going to order and had no idea they were going to be offering a complete turnkey setup. Was just going to order the Clawhammer, but depending on the pricepoint, 90% sold on holding out for this as it looks like a sweet setup. I too think I found my next system!
If its in the same ballpark or better than the spike for 15 gallon im in too.

Got more details today on the GBT Setup. Will Start a new thread on it so we don't threadjack this one seeing as it specifically pertains to SSbt

That plate chiller looks pretty sweet. Anyone have a price on it yet? I'm sure I can't afford it but one can always dream...

I suppose it should work in Europe as well, right? I mean based on the specs it should but maybe someone has more insight into it.

While this thread is bumped from recent comments: has anyone heard any updates on the SVBS system? Last I heard, they were targeting late spring to "hit the summer crowd."

Edit: Called the SVBS the eBIAB system. Fixed for clarity.

Last edited:
How in the WORLD do you not include a recirc port????? Unreal.....colossal fail

Has Ss released some new info on the system? Or what is your comment in reference to? On their website, I still only see the same 3 pictures that have probably been up there for close to a year now and don’t really show much as far as ports and features go.

While this thread is bumped from recent comments: has anyone heard any updates on the SVBS system? Last I heard, they were targeting late spring to "hit the summer crowd."

Edit: Called the SVBS the eBIAB system. Fixed for clarity.
Doesnt seem like a great strategy to me... The beauty of an electric system is you can use it indoors in the winter months when you've little else to do.. Thats when I did most of my homebrewing myself.

Has Ss released some new info on the system? Or what is your comment in reference to? On their website, I still only see the same 3 pictures that have probably been up there for close to a year now and don’t really show much as far as ports and features go.

I emailed them in April and they said "hopefully by July 4th". Clearly that date has come and gone. I'm still not ready yet as I need to get the garage in my new house squared away. That'll clear up my 11' x 11' brewing area. Then I need to get 240 installed (already a panel there with multiple open spots) and get my sink plumbed.

That being said, I expect to be ready to switch to electric by Christmas at the latest.

I'm already looking at other options.

Back