Is SS Brewtech introducing an eBIAB system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZmannR2

Reaction score
I heard somewhere, and now I can't find the thread, that this Fall, SS Brewtech is introducing a new pot/system that's designed for electric? I ask because I'm about to grab their 20 gal kettle and convert it, but if I should wait a month I will.

If there is any other better options for an eBIAB pot let me know, something with a built in basket would be sweet! I don't want Bayou Classic because I HAVE to have gal markers somewhere on it

Ugh....I'm going to spend a few hundred on a pot and they'll drop some badass super specific pot that has every feature you want on it I just know it! lol

I have an email from them stating they are going to come out with an electric set up.

Based on how they normally announce and pre sell I'd say we're still several months away from product ready for sale.

Have you tried e-mailing them about it? If you let them know that you want a 20G pot, but that you really want an eBIAB system and that you were willing to wait on it, they might let you know and maybe even give you a time frame . Worth a shot. Couldn't hurt.

This would make sense that they're coming out with an electric setup considering I JUST purchased three of their kettles to convert to electric.

Same here as I was looking at a custom Spike, all TC kettle for eBIAB, but when I realized how much all of the customization would cost, decided to hold off until SS announces their version.

I have an email from Ss from a few months ago. They have an electric something in the works. It was not definitive on type but they thought late fall may be when they talked about it.

I was looking into upgrading and emailed them about this (because this would certainly factor into my decision) and was told "no direct eta or product pipeline is specified for an eBIAB."

Maybe they are just keeping it under wraps and don't want to tell the general public yet but it doesn't look promising for the near future from the email.

Looks like it's finally happening! Just got an email from them mentioning "a complete line of electric brewing systems and modular components in late Spring 2018". Fingers crossed there's one that has most of what I'm looking for...

I got the email too. I hope it’s a simplified eBiab. Or at least that is one of the options. But i have a feeling it’s going to be an expensive system. I have the unitank and chiller so hoping it’s something that might fit my electric goals. Hoping to go electric before next winter.

I got the same email... jury is still out on whether it will just be something already available but with a facelift and rebranded to carry the name. If it is something they are designing and making it might be a large leap for them as a company.

I’m hoping they’ll be smart enough to integrate a bottom drain w/ a side pickup solution for an eBK........

That, and manage to keep the cost down... After all, a Bayou and a little handy work makes a hell of a competing Kettle [emoji13]

https://conical-fermenter.com/BK18TW-TI-EL1-BIB-104-18-gal-Brew-In-Bag-Kettle.html

I just found this setup at stout tanks out of the northwest. Quality looks top notch. Not quite big enough to do 10 gallon batches of beers I like so I'm getting them to custom build one to my liking. 21.5g set up for electric TC ports, super cool tangical whirlpool port. I plan on getting an arbor fab basket with an auberins ezboil pid controller

My mash tun is a full size sanke keg ( 15 gallons ) and I easily do 10 gallon batches.

So I've been waiting patiently for months on Clawhammer's release of their 240v eBIAB setup. Recently, they now are offering their kit minus the controller, which I was going to purchase the Electric Brewing Supply 30a 240v BIAB panel... About a total cost of $1,350.00. I'm so glad I waited, because here it is directly from the horses Mouth:

https://ssbrewtech.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000882411-Electric-Brewing-Coming-Soon

"launching a complete line of electric brewing systems and modular components in late Spring 2018. If you are even remotely considering investing in some electric gear, or a top-to-bottom electric brewing system, you might want to stay tuned.....our upcoming products and systems will be extremely competitive and compelling on every level."

Going even further, they recently posted this picture to their facebook page with "Coming soon #electricbrewing". Browsing the comments, sounds like they are going to be offering a complete line of turnkey setups. Hopefully spanning both 120/240 from simple 5G eBIAB all the way to 3V HERMS setups to compete with Spike's "Buy once Cry Once".

So glad I waited to buy! Now just need to contain the excitement..........

27857795_1919207678394694_1320523121865290523_n.jpg

I'm moving electric this spring and just finished getting all the quotes. Hopefully they share more info soon as I was planning to order by the end of March.

I'm moving electric this spring and just finished getting all the quotes. Hopefully they share more info soon as I was planning to order by the end of March.

Yeah, I hope so too - it seems a little odd to make an announcement with literally no details about what the product actually is. The longer they keep us waiting, the more disappointed I’ll be to find out it’s just a big 3V system...

From their email:

Electric Brewing

Progress on our new line of electric brewing equipment continues to power forward (pun intended!). The kettle designs have been finalized, and we are now moving into production.

This all-new line of kettles are designed and purpose-built for electric brewing and feature a front-to-back handle orientation (enabling tighter spacing on brew stands), all welded TC ferrules, and a proprietary / first-ever (and super cool!) element mounting flange which enables quick and easy disassembly for cleaning.

We also took this opportunity to do a complete redesign on our ever-popular trub dam, increasing the size to keep up with hop-forward brewing trends and some of the downright crazy amount of hops some of you guys like to toss into your batches!

The electrical / control panel side of things, as well as the heating elements, are coming along very nicely as well and we are also in the midst of production release on some of the sub-assemblies, harnesses, etc.

We are probably looking out to May/June now for launch here in the USA on this entire range of new products. And if you are even remotely considering making a big investment into an electric brewing setup, we’d highly recommend waiting us out to at least see what you’d be missing if you were thinking to go with someone else’s gear. More info and pics will be forthcoming on our site and social media in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned!

The email in early April said, "More info and pics will be forthcoming on our site and social media in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned!"

Has anyone seen anything?

The email in early April said, "More info and pics will be forthcoming on our site and social media in the coming days and weeks. Stay tuned!"

Has anyone seen anything?
Looking at their Instagram from Mid-March, they had a photo of a boil coil-like electric element, mocked up like in the controller photo above. They're barely replying to comments, which is annoying, but one comment was that it'd be available in 220v (not sure if only 220, or also 220).

Considering they were just at CBC at the beginning of May and there wasn't a reveal, or at least some rumblings, seems odd to me.

Sent them an inquiry and below is what they sent back...

Thanks for reaching out. We are close to releasing more information on our new electric brew setups. I would imagine you would want to hold off on your purchase for a month :)

Just got an update. Release pushed out until “late summer”. No details or pictures yet. I don’t understand why they are asking people to wait but revealing nothing. Not cool.

As someone who owns a lot of SS gear and is looking to get into electric brewing i wish they would just tell us what they are coming out with. All this cloak and dagger stuff is getting annoying. I will probably end up going in another direction soon if they dont at least announce what the product(s) are. Its been a couple of months of cryptic emails and non announcements.

Definitely not what I was hoping to hear, but I'm willing to take a hit to the timeline over performance issues any day. Nobody wants to un-box a $1,000+ system to find it doesn't work as intended- manufacturer included.

That said, I agree with the general lack of information being really frustrating. I've been looking at upgrading to electric since January, and was about to pull the trigger on an eBIAB until I saw the announcement in February. I've held off on any equipment purchases since then because I have no clue what will be included (pumps, fittings, etc). Even if we don't get pictures or a full BoM, I'd really love to hear what the options will be:
  • eBIAB, 2-, or 3-vessel?
  • voltage / wattage options?
  • pumps included or separate?

I got an email from Spike Brewing that they're introducing a new brew system in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping it's either a KRIMS or R-BIAB configuration. I suggested the R-BIAB idea to them about 4 months ago, pointing out that they had everything they needed except for a more basic controller. I'm guessing they don't want to undermine the buy-once, cry-once HERMS, but that's in a completely different ball park price wise. Not many people are gonna drop $5K on a home brewing system while most people, I think, end up spending close to a thousand by the time their done.

Just an update, SS Brewtech commented/replied on an Instagram post about 16 hours ago that they'll "be showing [the electric system] at HBC next week".

Just an update, SS Brewtech commented/replied on an Instagram post about 16 hours ago that they'll "be showing [the electric system] at HBC next week".

Hey thanks for this heads up. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a High Gravity custom setup (with the SS Brewtech kettles) and I was hoping there would at least be something I could look at directly from them before I ordered.

Back