is it possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncvega

Reaction score
ok so my roommate and I were thinking one night, in our area there is a energy drink called sparks that is 6-7%, many of our friends would life off the stuff if they could, so we were thinking does anyone know or has anyone made a homebrew version of sparks. Any help or ideas about this would be great. The basic decription of sparks is it is a malt beverage this is mixed or something with orange soda. Basically it is a 6-7% orange soda

The web site lists the "ingredients" as alcohol, caffeine, taurine, citric acid, ginseng and marketing...oh, wait, marketing's not listed.

Never having tasted it, I'd guess you could brew a very pale, low- or un-hopped ale to hit your target ABV (OG around 1.070). At bottling, add caffeine, citric acid and ginseng to taste (I don't think taurine would contribute any kind of flavor).

Not sure if it's carbonated or not, but if so you'd want to add some priming sugar as well.

Why not just get an energy drink and add vodka.
Or get an energhy drink and add a turbo yeasted sugar wash.

All the manufacturers do is use a sugar wash with turbo yeast to make a 20 brew then add water, colour and flavourings.

The Same as BMC drinks, brew strong and water down.

I do alcho pops and it works out about 30c a bottle instead of the $2 shop price.
I make liquers this way as well.

Back