Is it possible to use a screw driver for crushing my grains with the Barley Crusher?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finlandbrews

Reaction score
I'm not sure how to proceed to be able to crush my grains with a screw driver and my barley crusher hand mill... Can anyone help?

Dude chuck ya cordless makita on speed 1 and give it death. Just remember the most important rule of health and saftey-- dont put ya hands were ya wouldnt put ya cock! chur

Use the manual handle or attach a power drill...

Is there something I'm missing here? Part of the question lost in translation?

Use the manual handle or attach a power drill...

Is there something I'm missing here? Part of the question lost in translation?

Sorry, my question is not well formulated. What I mean is: how do I do because the outside of the handle is a round shape and the inside of the season handles have a weird star shape which is like 0.15" deep? I'll take a picture next time so I can show here.

Sorry, my question is not well formulated. What I mean is: how do I do because the outside of the handle is a round shape and the inside of the season handles have a weird star shape which is like 0.15" deep? I'll take a picture next time so I can show here.

Ideally you would use a power drill that has an adjustable chuck, an opening that can be increased or decreased in size to fit different drill bits. The tool you're using sounds like it is meant for hex-shank bits.

There are adapters that provide an adjustable chuck for hex-shank drivers: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KKWLE8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Back