Is everyone happy w Rhizomes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopfarmer

Reaction score
just wondering if everyone is happy and has recieved their order ,sorry have not been on much .We have another 5 acres planted ,I lost another 5 lbs , and am going to pre sell 1000 lbs cascade and 500 lbs Chinook from 2nd year 5 acre field Certified Organic Cascades and Chinooks $1.25 pr/oz 4 oz min.Will be on site next couple of days. [email protected] Cheers Glen

mine arrived about a week ago, 4 cascades & 4 chinooks looked great. gonna shoot for puttin them in this weekend thanks!

Mine arrive and all are in the ground. After looking at some pics from other posts the Rhizomes are a bit smalll but never the less.. you have good prices/shipping and all seem to be breaking ground already. I hope they all make so I can get a few first year cones!!

Hopfarmer, i sent you an email with this same question. Is it too late to order? The email has a few more questions.

Mine have been in the ground about a week, hoping to see them pop soon. It's been a bit cool, but it's warming.

Robust rhizomes with lots of shoots! :mug:

Happy with mine. Arrived in good shape and the price was right. They are in the ground now and already above the soil. Thanks.

Mine were excellent, honestly better than the ones that I got from freshhops the year before (one of which never even grew) - one of the rhizomes had a white shoots broken in shipping, but I don't think that will hurt anything.

I did plant them correctly with the white growth pointing up right?

Mine were excellent, honestly better than the ones that I got from freshhops the year before (one of which never even grew) - one of the rhizomes had a white shoots broken in shipping, but I don't think that will hurt anything.

I did plant them correctly with the white growth pointing up right?

Its ok if the nodes (white shoots) break off. The cascade rhizome that I bought from freshops this year had both nodes broken off and I am just seeing the shoots pop up right now. And yes you did do it right because the white shoots do go up.

Thanks - that's what I figured, but its the first time I had ever actually seen the nodes growing, they were just buds on all the other rhizomes I got.

Back