Iron Man Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thrstyunderwater

Reaction score
I'm just now about halfway through my third 10 gallon batch of the day. Wife was gone so I figured I should make the best of it.

Batch 1
Arrogant Bastard Clone

Batch 2
Lavender Ale

Batch 3
Moose Drool Clone

I also had my normal mash tun get a crack in the bottom. Anyone have any idea what epoxy to use to fix this?
34d07181.jpg

So I had to make a new mash tun with a cooler for the last two batches I had laying around. Good thing I had an extra cooler laying around.

I also did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned and filled 2 kegs with one month old apfelvine, weeded and watered the garden, and even sort of cleaned up after myself!

I think 30 gallons out of a 10 gallon system in 24 hours qualifies as an ironman brew day.

Word to the wise, don't drink beer by the quart, it didn't make my day any easier.

Oh and I did it all on my kitchen stovetop!

dang, dude, i finally did a 10 and a 5g a couple weekends ago, and got worn out so i took a nap afterward. THEN i poured my first pint. i envy you young fellers sometimes, and remember my youth faintly :D

man i wish i could get that kind of day in, i mean, i sure as hell will but in the future i guess. ive had one brew day end with me passing out for a few hours next to the fermenter after i put it away.....my excuse was that i was just watching it.

what's the lavender ale? i made a little biab 5L trial batch last year that was sort of a leffe clone recipe but with lavender at the end of the boil, and fermented with s05. it was absolutely disgusting, sort of like a barf shampoo milkshake
i hope yours is better!

what's the lavender ale? i made a little biab 5L trial batch last year that was sort of a leffe clone recipe but with lavender at the end of the boil, and fermented with s05. it was absolutely disgusting, sort of like a barf shampoo milkshake
i hope yours is better!

It's a clone recipe I got from a book. Check in and I'll let you know how it is.

holy...

I often get jealous of all of you prolific brewers out there... 40 gallons at a shot? sheesh, thats alot of money! I do 1 5gallon brew every month as thats about all my budget allows. I would love to double that if I could though. I would like to move to a 10 Gallon system some day. But thats a lot of dollars away. We will see! Your beers sound tasty!

More Power to you! Im currently at 30 Gallons brewed this Month. It will be 42 tonight given my wife's blessing.

40 gallons at a shot? sheesh, thats alot of money!

It costs me ~$200 to make 40 gallons. After it's ready and I have a few parties my friends will kick back some money, so it'll really only cost me about 100 in total.

It's good to be a homebrewer in a state such as Utah.

that is intense - way to go! just make sure you dont go above 200gallons this year (even if u do live in Utah) ;) or at least - dont avertise it lol

I just did a 5.5 gallon stout and a 6 gallon ipa back to back. Took only 7 hours from start to finish. If I had the ingredients I would have brewed another. Its not so bad if you have a system and a plan. I started my second mash about halfway through the boil of the first one.

Back