Interest for Sturbridge Homebrew Club?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaz4121

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have wanted to join a homebrew club for a while now, but unfortunately there aren't many in my area (I know there are some in Shrewsbury, Spencer, Brookfield, and Ludlow) but there isn't anything active in Sturbridge.

I was hoping to find 5 or so other local homebrewers living in the Sturbridge, MA area that would be interested in starting up a club and meeting once a month or so. It would be great to share some tips, do some brew experiments, and taste some other homebrews not made by me!

If you are a brewer in the area and would be interested, PM me and we can see if we can get something going.

Kaz

Would you be interested?

I think we could get some support from the local brewery in town (Pioneer Brewing) for meeting space and/or bulk grain pricing.

I was thinking one meeting a month, dedicated to a specific style of beer that all of us would brew, share, and critique. There would also be opportunity to do group scaled experiments (same beers/different yeast, SMaSH series, FWHing, etc) as well as share experience, knowledge, articles, etc. We could even do commercial tastings and stuff.

Anyway please let me know if you are interested. I would assume we need 5-10 people to get started and see how things shake out!

Not sure if anyone is keeping an eye on this thread still, but I recently moved to Sturbridge and was doing some research on clubs in the area. I've never posted here before, but have ~15 batches under my belt, and would definitely be interested in meeting and learning more. I could also likely get one other person involved.

Awesome!

I'd love to get a group together for a casual home-brew club if nothing more than just meeting some fellow home brewers and sharing knowledge/experiences. And trying home-brew of course!

So how many would we have interested?

I know it's been a while, but I've just started home brewing in January and I'm definitely interested in this action. What's going on here if anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Nothing yet to date. I was hoping for enough interest for fairly regular meetings. So far you are the only one who has expressed interest recently.

Wow. We can't really be the only semi sociable home brewers around...

I'm in Webster, which isn't too far out there. Closest I've found is a group out in West Boylston.

I'd say if we could get 5ish people that could be a good start.

We have a couple. Unfortunately, my three. home brewing buddies are in Springfield, Boston and Providence.

Yeah it looks like here are the following people interested:
RickyG
Atoadso
Melana
jklisiewicz
sherbert
kaz4121 (me)

I think I'll send PM's to everyone to confirm interest. I would hope we could get started with 5 or so, so spread the word!

Sherbet, I'm in Webster too, just bought a house on ash street this past June. Where abouts are you?

Cool. Got 4 confirmed so far:
RickyG
jklisiewicz
sherbert
kaz4121 (me)

I am also going to reach out the Rapscallion Brewery (in Sturbridge) to see if they would be willing to let us meet there for the first few meetings until we can find a space.

Good news, Rapscallion is cool with having us meet there (to start anyway):

Andrew
That sounds awesome! I’m here pretty much here everyday let me know when you guys are planning to come up and meet so i can plan my schedule around it. See you soon.
Cheers
Shaun
Shaun Radzuik
Head Brewer
413-388-1857
[email protected]
www.drinkrapscallion.com

Very very very cool!
I've never been there but heard good things.

So only have four confirmed - not sure if we should push forward or find a couple more?

I say we set a date for a meeting and just see how it goes. If we get any others interested in the meantime, great.

I was just at my supply store and found a group out of worcester... WIZARDS. They meet in Shrewsbury

Just checked out their website. Don't know how I missed it before. It looks really good. They meet at déjà brew, which looks like a pretty awesome spot.

Thanks!

I would be interested in a club that meets in the Sturbridge area. I've checked out the clubs in West Boylston and Shrewsbury. They are both great clubs with great members however it's a little too far for me to drive after consuming multiple samples of homebrew. I'm in West Brookfield and know a few other brewers out here who may be interested as well.

I would be interested in a club that meets in the Sturbridge area. I've checked out the clubs in West Boylston and Shrewsbury. They are both great clubs with great members however it's a little too far for me to drive after consuming multiple samples of homebrew. I'm in West Brookfield and know a few other brewers out here who may be interested as well.

Cool man! We have the support of a local brewery here in Sturbridge and I would love to get something going. A few guys were interested but some jumped ship to the existing clubs. I am in a similar spot as you, the commute is kind of far and I don't have the time right now.

How many friends do you have that are interested?

I have a buddy in town that just got into homebrewing. I helped him with his first extract batch 2 weeks ago so we will be trying one this weekend. I've been brewing for about 3 years now. All grain for the last 2. Converted cooler as mash tun...nothing fancy.

There is another guy in town who also brews and recently wrote a book called Beer Terrain. He may be interested as well.

The clubs I checked out were great but they were very active with different events, etc.... My buddy and I don't really have the time to devote to something like that. We are just looking for a club where we can get together every once in a while, share some brews and talk brewing.

Maybe we can pick a date and get some folks together at Rapscallion to have a couple of pints and see if we can get something going.

Sounds good. Let's figure out a date and time between the 2 of us and then we can post it on here for anyone who is interested. There was a similar thread on one of the AHA forums so we can post it there as well.

glad I found this thread! Was hoping there wasn't a homebrewing void in the Sturbridge area like there was 10 years ago when I left....coming back that way in the coming months and would really like to jump on board with you guys. Currently the Comp Chair in a club in NC and one of the hosts on a HB podcast that we just started, but leaving it all behind and was hoping there was something to look forward to when I move back, now there is!!

Excellent! Hopefully we will have something up and running by the time you get back. Otherwise you can help us get one started! I've had a crazy work schedule the last 2 weeks so I haven't been able to make an attempt to hook up with Kaz. I'll reach out to him soon to see if we can get the ball rolling.

Off to a good start. We gathered about a dozen names and email addresses at the July meet up and will be scheduling a meet up at Rapscallion for late August for anyone else who is interested. We will post the date and time here.

I too would be interested in joining a local club. I just got back into brewing and would very muck like to meet other local brewers to share brew and information.

Bix

We will continue with our efforts to get a Homebrew Club started in the Sturbridge area. Our next "meet up" will take place at Rapscallion's Tap Room on Thursday, August 21st at 7pm.

Hopefully we will be able to get a club started this fall. In the meantime, these meet ups are a great opportunity to come in and meet the guys who are trying to get this started (not to mention a great excuse to have a couple of pints!)

Hey guys!

Hoping to get something started up again as things are starting to warm up. I'm back in the Sturbridge area and would be more than willing to coordinate the next meeting at Rapscallion.

Anyone else interested??

Hey guys!

Hoping to get something started up again as things are starting to warm up. I'm back in the Sturbridge area and would be more than willing to coordinate the next meeting at Rapscallion.

Anyone else interested??

I'm in if this gets going again.

I'm assuming later in the week is best, any preference to Thursday or Friday?

Unfortunately I'll be traveling a bit in April, but could do April 9 or 10, which would give us a couple weeks to round up a few more people. Otherwise I can do next week, or the final week of April too.

I'll reach out to Rapscallion once we have a date nailed down to get things coordinated.

Back