Inspiration for tomorrow

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japhroaig

Reaction score
I live in the country and my car isn't running at the moment, so for brew day tomorrow I have to use what I've got. So, I thought I'd ask the community for some inspiration! :) (10 gallon all grain batches btw)

I have on hand:
* ~20lbs of great western pale
* a couple lbs each of crystal 15, 60, and 120L
* half a pound of peated malt (not gonna use it, but i have it)
* 1/2 lbs of Zeus hops, 15%
* 4oz Kent goldings
* 2oz cascade
* lots of spices, molasses, honey, etc

I also have access to a small convenience store that stocks weird stuff. So, what should it be? Scottish ale? English pale? English IPA? Pumpkin beer? I currently have a irish stout in the works, a wee heavy, a Rye PA, a dark red ale, and a gooseberry ale in the cellar, so I don't want to make any of those.

Thanks!!

well, special bitter was the first thing that popped into my mind. seems like it fits in nicely with the rest of your rotation at the moment.

an ESB would certainly be great. in fact i recently got a recipe for an ESB from a local brewery which was fantastic. Only thing I don't have is the specific hop he used (willamette and amarillo).

in fact, the recipe for a 90 gallon batch was:

140 lbs pale malt
30 lbs crystal 15L

700 grams willamette, 60 minutes
150 grams amarillo, 15 minutes
150 grams amarillo, 5 minutes

then it was dry hopped (i kid you not) with 'Mystery Hop, probably willamette', 150 grams.

It was *very* good.

Back