Inkbird 308

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbysdad2006

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, just picked up the inkbird ITC-308 controller and had a few questions. I want the keezer to set the keezer at 37 degrees.

1. Where should I set the kezzer setting, 7(max) or 1(lowest).
2. What should the settings be on the controller?

Thanks in advanced.

well set the keezer thermostat so it always kicks on which isnt hard keeping them this warm.

I run 37*
2 degree cooling differental (doesnt kick on till it hits 39*)
compressor delay to 10mins

from what ive logged and your mileage may vary. compressor runs ~12-15mins to cool it down. Time between cycles is a little over an hour I think. I cant remember off the top of my head.

Hi guys and gals, just picked up the inkbird ITC-308 controller and had a few questions. I want the keezer to set the keezer at 37 degrees.

1. Where should I set the kezzer setting, 7(max) or 1(lowest).
2. What should the settings be on the controller?

Thanks in advanced.

Definitely set the keezer (or any cooling unit you may use) to its coldest setting as the Inkbird will handle the switching on/off of the compressor. I had made a mistake and had a refrigerator set in the mid-range although the Inkbird was set at 34F. When the refrigerator got to 38F it simply cycled off even tho the Inkbird was telling the compressor it needed to be on.

For cooling only: If you leave the settings the way they come from the factory, it is usually ok. There are mainly compressor delay and hysteresis (temp swing)settings, but I left mine as was from the factory default which seems to work fine. Lots of folks like to get in there and change settings, but at least for now, factory default is ok til you see what changes you may wish to make for your cooling side.

Heat and Cool: I also use mine for a chest freezer for fermentation reasons. I am utilizing both the heating and cooling side when I do this. With some heat source like a paint can lamp, the system may need heat at night and cool in the day if you are doing a lager at 50F for example. In this case, I set my heat at 1 degree swing and cool at 2 degree so they won't try to be switching back and forth unnecessarily. Also, the cycle delay may be set towards the upper end (is it 10?) for this application.

BTW.....your choice of the ITC-308 was a sound decision. There are units out there that are more expensive but don't really offer, at least for my needs, any added value for the extra $$$.

Thanks, do I need to touch the Heat Differential at all? I'll also try the factory settings. I already played around with it a little, is there a way to get back to factory settings?

Thanks, do I need to touch the Heat Differential at all? I'll also try the factory settings. I already played around with it a little, is there a way to get back to factory settings?

I don't think you need to mess with the heat swing differential until you decide to use it with a heater for possible fermentation as in my example. If you set the cool at 2 degree and the cycle delay at a reasonable number like 5 to 10, you'll be set. I think my cycle is set for 3 but I am doing this more for the light bulb heater.

Not sure about factory setting default, but if you follow your directions you can see what the factory used and set each value back there.

i just wanted to say thank you for the help. I set it at 37 and a CD of 2 and a Compressor Delay to 5 min. and seems to be working good. thanks again

Latest posts

Back