[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't half the shtstorm of problems and questions that I expected for you guys to be bombarded with. It goes to show how well you guys put this all together. Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Can i unzip the files on a windows pc and then transfer them to the pi via flash drive to /pi/home?

The files need to go into /var/www the only reason they were in /pi/home was because people downloaded the file and unzipped it on the pi itself. Never used a thumb drive with it but you could use one.

Anyone using an AT&T Uverse gateway able to get the wireless to connect?

I have tried 2 different Edimax units as well as adding a powered USB port to be sure I'm getting enough power. The Wifi Config GUI will scan and find the network but never connects. The password is correct because as a test I tried entering an incorrect one and got an error message.

I have looked at the gateway and confirmed that it uses WPA2 for authentication and TKIP for encryption so those settings are correct.

When connected with an ethernet cable everything is fine.

I believe the problem has something to do with this:
When I run ifconfig wlan0 there is no Inet address showing.

Here's my error

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

1393018622929.jpg

Make sure you are in the var/www directory by typing pwd and if you are and you need to change the perms on it type chmod 755 index.html this will set it to rwx r-x r-x and allow you to do what you want with it.

Got a troubleshooting question. The whole system has been working fine all afternoon, after I hung it up on the wall the keyboard stopped working. I rebooted, turned off the keyboard, switched USB ports, but it wont recognize the keyboard. I am not familiar with this OS so I am not sure about how to troubleshoot. Thoughts?

Is the keyboard dead. I ran into a similar issue about 2 weeks ago. Give the keyboard a quick charge

The keyboard has been charging all day and is plugged in now. It should be fully charged. I even tried plugging the keyboard directly into the pi and that didnt do anything either. Kind of lost on why it would just stop working after being fine all day. Should it work if plugged directly in?

Never tried it plugged in. Try reboot again. Could just be locked up.

Rebooted many times and still no luck. Tried repairing the device Fn + F1 and the keyboard flashes like it is trying to connect but nothing happens. Maybe the receiver went bad?

Could be. You could try just reinstalling everything. I know it is a pain but something in the os could have gone bad

I feel silly even asking this question because you guy put so much work into it and I'm grateful for how awesome it came out. Got my 3 taps set up and it works just as advertised. The only thing I haven't been able to do is change the logo. I tried uploading images from my laptop. When I go to the PI admin panel and navigate to the image directory in /var/www, the logo.png file previews as the one I uploaded, but the image on taplist, even after reboot, is still Your Logo Here. Any ideas?

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. I can't imagine how cool this will be with the flow meters I've got.

Sorry, nevermind. A refresh and reboot seemed to fix the issue. Thanks!

Sounds like Chromium is caching the logo file.

Issuing a hard refresh command (Ctrl + F5) while viewing the taplist should make it display the new one. Same goes for the admin panel logo.

Can i unzip the files on a windows pc and then transfer them to the pi via flash drive to /pi/home?

Yes.

Anyone using an AT&T Uverse gateway able to get the wireless to connect?

I have tried 2 different Edimax units as well as adding a powered USB port to be sure I'm getting enough power. The Wifi Config GUI will scan and find the network but never connects. The password is correct because as a test I tried entering an incorrect one and got an error message.

I have looked at the gateway and confirmed that it uses WPA2 for authentication and TKIP for encryption so those settings are correct.

When connected with an ethernet cable everything is fine.

I believe the problem has something to do with this:
When I run ifconfig wlan0 there is no Inet address showing.

Is your wireless network actually using WPA2 with TKIP? That's not a very common configuration. Most modern networks running WPA2 use AES instead.

History lesson: TKIP was a stopgap security protocol to bandaid the weaker WEP-encrypted connections for hardware that couldn't handle AES.

Finally almost running. One last issue. I can't access admin only from the pi not any other device using the ip.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Can you re-phrase this? I can interpret this two different ways.

The keyboard has been charging all day and is plugged in now. It should be fully charged. I even tried plugging the keyboard directly into the pi and that didnt do anything either. Kind of lost on why it would just stop working after being fine all day. Should it work if plugged directly in?

Did you plug it into a pc to see if it works?

What keyboard are we talking about? If it's the wireless one recommended (the FAVI), then the re-pairing suggestion is apt. Connecting this thing to the Pi with the USB cable won't do anything--that's merely a charge cable.

Either way, try powering down, then swapping the wireless keyboard receiver and the WiFi receiver.

Once I've initially set up the admin and view-only accounts, is it then set in stone? Or can change log-in names and passwords?

password can be reset via your admin login and then hitting forgotten password link then forgot password. As for the user, that will be in version 2 where you can reset the username. You could always log into phpmyadmin to change your user in the users table but BE CAREFUL

Is your wireless network actually using WPA2 with TKIP? That's not a very common configuration. Most modern networks running WPA2 use AES instead.

The authentication type shown on my router is:
WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (AES)

The WIFI Config GUI only gives 2 Encryption options - TKIP and CCMP and I have tried them both.

Also have tried both Options on the Authentication options in the GUI:
WPA-Personal (PSK)
WPA2-Personal (PSK)

Thanks for trying to help on this since it is not directly associated with the RaspberryPints program and is apparently a RPI/Router issue.

How about taking off encryption(as in open network) to test?

So got this up and running and have been using my Samsung 10.1 tablet as a view (I only have 2 taps currently, and only one beer :( ) But its been working great. Got everything working and created a shortcut on my homescreen to take me directly to my tap page. Heres a screenshot

Screenshot_2014-02-22-09-02-28.jpg

I'm trying to get this installed on a hosted webserver.

I've tried the fixes offered in post 263 and 264 but I still get the following when I run the install:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Update config files...Success!
Update admin config files...Success!
Creating RPints database user...Success!
Running Database Script...error in query

Any ideas?

Ray,

I have a AT&T uverse gateway. And it took me quite a few times to get my pi to connect. Eventually it connected. I can't tell why it just all of a sudden connected. If you have a another router that you can put it into AP mode so it is repeats you ATT signal that might be a option for you. I will test my pi w/ my AT&T later today and see if I can find a fix for you.

I'm trying to get this installed on a hosted webserver.

I've tried the fixes offered in post 263 and 264 but I still get the following when I run the install:

Validating Entries...Success!
Checking DB connectivity...Success!
Checking config folder permissions...Success!
Update config files...Success!
Update admin config files...Success!
Creating RPints database user...Success!
Running Database Script...error in query

Any ideas?

Odd.

Still having my first cup of coffee, so bear with me.

Code:
mysql --user=yourusername --password=yourpasswrd
drop database raspberrypints;
exit
sudo rm /var/www/config.php

If you get "does not exist errors", that's fine.

Retry Step 7: http://raspberrypints.com/byo/rpints-configuration/

Got mine all set up! Tried to install it on my existing raspbian image but ran out of space which caused all kinds of fun errors. I re-imaged and the install was very straightforward.

Displaying on an old 1st gen iPad, looks great!

Can't wait for the flowmeters! :mug:

photo.jpg

Still getting the same error.

I don't have command line access, only what I can do through a cPanel. I removed the MySQL database completely and didn't find a config.php file in the root folder to delete.

I had to edit the configprocessor.php file to change the name from root to the MySQL name I was given by my webhost if that helps.

Still getting the same error.

I don't have command line access, only what I can do through a cPanel. I removed the MySQL database completely and didn't find a config.php file in the root folder to delete.

I had to edit the configprocessor.php file to change the name from root to the MySQL name I was given by my webhost if that helps.

Oh, you're installing this on a remote webhost. I had never even considered that application. There's a lot of implications there. Wow.

I'm going to have to think on this one. But I can't think of a specific reason why it would be failing. If you made it to the last step, you clearly have write access. Hrm.

Oh, you're installing this on a remote webhost. I had never even considered that application. There's a lot of implications there. Wow.

I'm going to have to think on this one. But I can't think of a specific reason why it would be failing. If you made it to the last step, you clearly have write access. Hrm.

I appreciate the assistance. Let me know if there is any other data I can provide that would help.

I appreciate the assistance. Let me know if there is any other data I can provide that would help.

My guess is that your version of MySQL doesn't like some syntax we have.

I suggest you try to import schema.sql using whatever web-based management you have for MySQL. See what errors it kicks back.

My guess is that your version of MySQL doesn't like some syntax we have.

I suggest you try to import schema.sql using whatever web-based management you have for MySQL. See what errors it kicks back.

Error
SQL query:

--
-- Database: `raspberrypints`
--
CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `raspberrypints` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1044 - Access denied for user 'b7_14405538'@'192.168.0.%' to database 'raspberrypints'

Looks like it's trying to run as an anonymous user, and your webhost is rightfully rejecting it.

Something's wrong on your host's end, methinks.

I was trying to be cheap and lazy by using a free web host. I'm sure there are just too many limitations for it to work properly. I'll do a local install. Thanks for your feedback and help!

Back