Inexpensive brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never used one, but the description says bolt together 1" angle iron. I would be Leary of doing anything bigger than 5 gallons.

If you are somewhat handy you can probably get some more angle iron and gusset plates from a big box store and make it twice as strong for another $15

I have been brewing 5 and 10 gal. batches on my modified King-Kooker for almost a year. I picked up some angle iron and went to town on it. this should give you some idea's. I really like it and the price was right.

modified King Kooker 1.jpg

modified King Kooker 2.jpg

Last edited:
wow both those are cheap. id say cheap as dirt but if dirt was that cheap D@MN

My 9 gallon (approx. 13.5" dia.) brew pot just fits on the grates of the top burner, kind of wedged between the sides. The stand seems pretty sturdy, but you may want to consider the diameter of your brew kettle.

I made a 3 tier stand out of an old bedframe someone tossed in the alley. Some casters, plywood and some spray paint and a Brinkman propane burner from Depot. Done.

Back