Incoming turkey day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbies13

Reaction score
So you've heard of beer can turkey, where you roast your turkey with an open beer inside... but have you heard of turkey beer!?!?!

I am trying to come up with a recipe for one... im thinking dark, smokey, beer with a turkey undertone. It's crazy, and sounds a little gross to drink turkey flavored liquid. But I remind you that you probably love chicken soup, which is similar!

Thoughts?! :drunk:

This screams "dry Irish stout variant". It should be big, smokey and dryer than MIL turkey. You know... to pair it.

:ban:

Hah, I totally admit it sounds nuts and that you prob wouldn't want to drink it in any large quantity. But for a unique taste that is drinkable? I think it could work!

Coincidence. Last night I got invited to a pub near home by the area rep for Lost Coast Brewery out of N. Cal. They are known for Great White, Downtown Brown, Tangerine, etc.

Anyhow he had a couple of specials the pub was pouring amongst the previous mentioned.. a honey sage beer as well as a ginger flavored beer. Combined they were great.. but, getting back to the turkey beer.. :(

Turkey is seasoned with sage.. therefore mouthful of turkey and a swig of sage beer.. :) Might be great.

The sage beer was interesting.. I'd like to try to make it.. but it would be VERY EASY to overdo the sage.. a little goes a LONG way.

Back