• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Used 3 times, has compression fittings for hose attachments. Length is 20ft of 3/8" copper. Need to sell cause it wont fit in my new brew kettle. Soldered the tail pieces for added strength. Measures 16.5" from the base to the bottom of the fittings.

60 bucks shipped, obo...

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

Ok, I'll definitely want one, just a little short on cash right now. I'll probably send you a message in a week or so. And I can pick it up so we dont have to worry about shipping.

Ok, I'll definitely want one, just a little short on cash right now. I'll probably send you a message in a week or so. And I can pick it up so we dont have to worry about shipping.

Sounds good, i actually get up to menominee (sp) falls alot for work. We can even meet up, or ya can stop by and have a home brew:)

Are these now $50 shipped or still $60 shipped, as in your post #1 with the fittings? I'm at 32401 zip. Thanks...

If ya want fittings it would be 60, if ya want it bare it would be 50...I however like just using the hose with the hose clamps. Those compression fittings are hit or miss, some leak and some dont....Up to you though

You just tell me how high ya need it and will build it;)

How about build 2... I'll drive up from Chicago and meet you at the Bratstop for some cash and carry.

How much to build one?

-james

How about build 2... I'll drive up from Chicago and meet you at the Bratstop for some cash and carry.

How much to build one?

-james

35 with no fittings, 45 with fittings.....Sounds like a plan, love the brat stop:)

I use the better grade copper, Its not as forgiving as the cheaper stuff so it lasts longer and dont loose its shape as easy as the lower grade..

Ok - PM me your info and a good day/time to meetup (this weekend?). Garden hose fittings for me please.
I'm doing 5gal batches right now in a tall turkey fryer pot.

Ok - PM me your info and a good day/time to meetup (this weekend?). Garden hose fittings for me please.
I'm doing 5gal batches right now in a tall turkey fryer pot.

Whatever time works for you sat, im pretty free so whatever works for you time wise. Got a nice red ale dry hopped thats bottled, need another week to condition but will give ya a few to sample. Just let me know how tall your kettle is.

Here are a few i just did for some members here, price is 55 bucks plus shipping (I use a better grade copper than your normal HBS sells) for the ones that have both hose attachments, if ya want it bare prices are lower. I can make it as tall or as short as ya want it, totally customized chillers to meet the needs of your specific brew kettle... These wont deform over time, just cause of the stiffer higher grade copper i use...

Prices are for 20ft 3/8 chillers.....Im not a vendor in anyway, just like making cool stuff for home brewers like myself so if this is not allowed please feel free to delete mods...

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

Got mine Saturday and used it for all grain brew tonight. A+A+A+ Great workmanship!

Got mine Saturday and used it for all grain brew tonight. A+A+A+ Great workmanship!

Outstanding, glad to hear. Hope the brew day went well for ya. Will have to meet up again for a tasting;)

Let me know what ya think of the red ale. Cheers buddy, was a pleasure meeting ya..

Are you still making these? And if so would it be possible to get one with about 40ft? I need one for 10 gallon batches. Without the hardware at top?

Very nice looking chillers! The only thing I would see to change is add a few inches to the ends so if the hose connections leak, it is outside the pot instead of into the wort.

Are you still making these? And if so would it be possible to get one with about 40ft? I need one for 10 gallon batches. Without the hardware at top?

I think the next length available would be 50ft, i dont buy in bulk so i cant cut just 40ft. If ya would like one I could have one built in a few days. 50 footer without fitting would be 75-80 bucks, copper goes up from time to time so if your interested I can get an accurate quote for ya tomorrow..

If I can get a 50' 3/8" chiller with lengthened tubes up top and no hardware for around $80 I will take one for sure.

Back