I'm going to Boston USA and I want to taste lots of good beers, any suggestions where

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finlandbrews

Reaction score
I'm going to Boston last week of September and I will be going to a beer shop called Charles liquors (if you know any others please let me know) to taste and bring back to Europe as many beers as I can. Beer in cans could be best to bring back but I definitely want to sip a few excellent beers from New England and maybe from all over USA, so bottles or cans doesn't matter really.

I'm not really seeking for rarities but more great American examples of beer styles which are relatively easy to get. Any style can do!

Anyone knows if I could get some Heady Topper in Boston? What about some pumpkin beers to try, maybe some would already be available in end of September...

If any shops with great beer selection for more affordable prices, please let me know too! Thanks

Being in Boston you should be able to get your hands on some of the great New England IPA's (with the exception of Heady Topper) Its hard to get just about anywhere, and you will pay an arm and a leg for it.

That being said be on the lookout for these:
Hill Farmstead Brewery
Tree House Brewery
The Alchemist: Focal Banger
Maine Beer Company
Brooklyn Beer
Other Half
Six Points (doubtful you can get that in Boston)
New England Brewing Company
Sam Adams (Try some of their seasonal stuff. Its good!) I also hear the brewery tour is fun as well!

Shipyard makes a pretty decent pumpkin ale. Same with Dogfish Head (Punkin' Ale).

If you see any Captain Lawrence beers. Definitely try that. I love just about everything they produce.

I'm not sure. It's been a long while since I lived there. Likely somebody who's currently there will have better suggestions.

Ooh, but be on the lookout for CBC... Cambridge Brewing Company. Their Sergeant Pepper is a favorite of mine.

Back