Im finally sort of a brewing adult

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
My fatherinlaw wouldnt take no for an answer and bought me a 3 gallon better bottle. Now I dont necessarily need to make tiny batches!

I think Im going to make a 3'er of apfelwein, rack it to my gallon jugs for aging and make skeeter pee on the yeast cake now that I have sparkloid, sulfate etc.

Just thinking out loud.

I am a very visual kind of guy. When I think about mead I get a mental picture of vikings in a long house drinking out of horn cups and getting boisterous. Do I need to get a viking horned helmet to brew it. For some reason the cowboy hat I wear when ranching the yeast does not seem to fit a mead day :p

Man this brewing is getting spendy. I had to get a leprechaun outfit for my Irish Red and lederhosen for my altbier. Was going to brew a nice brown Brazilian until I heard what I had to do for that one. Yup there are just some things I will not do even for beer

When I brew anything I wear a blue Ebenezer Scrooge-style sleeping hat.

Interestingly enough, its also a hat I wore at Burning Man.

Looking at the Skeeter Pee recipe again, I am still missing tannin. Is it critical? Can I use something else?

I so want to get a brewing kilt . . .

And congrats, CG, on your new better bottle - what a nice FIL!

I own a kilt but the wife was explicit that I was to only wear it at Burning Man and Aquabats concerts.

I could not have done any better on the inlaw front. Im not religious but I am blessed.

I have obtained official permission from El Hubbo to post this:

He is wearing a sash of the tartan of my family, Maxwell clan. Guilt by association! ;)

Calm down, ladies...he's spoken for. I'm a lucky, lucky woman. :ban:

IMG_0717.jpg

Bedlam said:
I have obtained official permission from El Hubbo to post this:

He is wearing a sash of the tartan of my family, Maxwell clan. Guilt by association! ;)

Calm down, ladies...he's spoken for. I'm a lucky, lucky woman. :ban:

Woo! Mr. Bedlam wears it well.

Back