I'm a dummy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustinj

Reaction score
Dont think it hurt anything but I left the damn thingy out of the airlock that makes it bubble. I stared at it for 5 minutes wondering why no bubbles and BAM. Been that way for a week. I really try not to mess with em at all for 5-6 days. Well see how it turns out.

:) I bet you'll be fine. The positive pressure in your fermentation vessel during the most active fermentation period pushed out the bad guys. When the pressure lessened, the alcohol produced during that active phase will kill the bad guys that might have fallen in.

Yea I figured. Thanks guys. May be investing in one piece airlock next trip to lhbs.

Probably have a couple beers tonight I'd imagine.

Yea I figured. Thanks guys. May be investing in one piece airlock next trip to lhbs.

Probably have a couple beers tonight I'd imagine.

If you are talking S-type I'd recommend against it unless you know for sure your fermentation won't be quite so active. Get it going too quick and it'll blow off sooner than a 3 piece. Best options are to do blowoffs.

Call it a Belgian Style. It will be fine.

I like the S type it makes a nice bubbling sound, makes me happy to hear it. If you use a blow off for violent fermentations it doesn't make much difference what style the airlock is.

Back